Cannot upgrade from 1.7.1.0 to 1.7.1.1

Vicente Paul

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this will work, but it is worth giving it a try:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/613058-error-upgrading-from-1702-to-1711-with-one-click-upgrade/

The basic idea is that you should turn off cache and turn on "force compilation" in the "Advanced Parameters" before upgrading.

Thanks for trying to solve the problem Andrej, but I had already done that...

I guess the 1-click module even don´t see the diference between PS 1.7.1.0 and 1.7.1.1, and so does nothing.

What I will try is the following: as the PS 1.7.1.2 is going to be released now, I will do a last try...

If it doesn´t work (after doing full directories and DB backups), I will reinstall PS 1.7.1.2 from scratch, copy back the images (and small modifications I made in .css and .php), and do a full restore of the previous PS 1.7.1.0 database to recover all my work, as a guess the database didn´t change between PS 1.7.1.0 and 1.7.1.2...

What do you think about that?

Hello Andrej,

thanks for the information, but also this not working.

As Vicente sad the diference between the current version and the new one is also not displayed.

It is showing so:

PrestaShop-Originalversion:
loader.gif

Unterschiede der Versionen:
loader.gif

Yes that updater seems corrupt, so I tried the latest test version of the updater, and it´s even worse!: 

- it doesn´t know about the 1.7.1.2 (just know about the the previous 1.7.1.1 version);

- in manual mode, it even doesn´t find the .zip file which is there;

Really painfull!

Edited by Vicente Paul (see edit history)

Thanks for your help, horiatb!

Actually I just succeed doing to "upgrade", reinstalling PS 1.7.1.2 from scratch, copy back the images and small modif. I made on the  PS 1.7.1.0, using the PS 1.7.1.0 database with the latest patched PS 1.7.1.2 version. Everything seems ok! (I just needed re-doing some setup)

You just need to update these 4 entries from the previous databas into .../public_html/app/config/parameters.php
DB, USER, PWD, TABLE_PREFIX.

Of course, it worked just because it was between 2 same minor PS 1.7.1.x versions (it will not work with 1.7.2.x).

Anyway, I found the Prestashop releases/update process A SHAME, and will not upgrade anymore for the 5 coming years (already skipping the next major release), and never  upgrade anymore with a major version newer than 10 month!
There is ZERO support and compromise with Prestahop, and we are just losing time and energy...
  • Like 1