1.7.0.5 Upgrade Module HTTP Error 500

vm0824

Hello,

I am working in my test environment to try and upgrade a few modules. No matter what module, when I click the Upgrade button from the Module Notifications pages, I get a 500 error. I attached a screenshot of the output from debug mode.

Interestingly, this works fine from my production page. But, when I copy the site to my test server, it causes an error. So, I suspect its an issue with my test servers settings, or with my refresh process. Please help!

Thanks,

Vinnie

EDIT: The error is a MethodNotAllowedHttpException on the POST method. It says there is no route. I dont know enough about PHP to understand what its trying to do, but I see there are many hits on Google for similar errors. So, it appears not limited to just Prestashop, but an issue related to allowed "routes".

post-1365963-0-07709200-1493063876_thumb.png

Edited by vm0824 (see edit history)

I have been really trying to understand the \app\cache\prod\appProdUrlMatcher.php and how its matching the url to various if statements. The file is exactly the same in prod and test. The urls that are being generated when I click UPGRADE are exactly the same in prod and test.

prod
/adminxxxxxxxxx/index.php/module/manage/action/upgrade/ps_wirepayment?_token=QCaP4MuXexqcNNj-ZSW-EJgujRrPgAxdXuLLnbkl3oA
test
/adminxxxxxxxxx/index.php/module/manage/action/upgrade/ps_wirepayment?_token=wW8cMV7zZOs0c8eL6JRGEjN2_vIzfP_nK3oyyilD_Sk

I'm thinking it should get caught correctly on the IF statement on line 365 (see screenshot).

Help! Still cant figure out why its different in PRD vs TST.

post-1365963-0-56546000-1493230439_thumb.png

I tried to debug both \app\cache\prod\appProdUrlMatcher.php in prd and tst. I found that each one, if opened on its own page, would throw the same error. However, in prod I seem to be able to stay on the Module notifications page after clicking Upgrade. Whereas in test I am brought to that error page. I cannot figure out why one does this and not the other.

In either case, the module upgrade does not occur correctly because it still claims to need upgrade afterwards. 

EDIT: The issue in on line 366 of appProdUrlMatcher.php where it checks if the method is not POST. It is always GET for me. Thus, it throws the error. So either the code needs to allow GETs, or the call itself is supposed to be a POST.

post-1365963-0-59579100-1493243999_thumb.png

Edited by vm0824 (see edit history)