API google analytics: Cannot retrieve test results

NewNew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Go to modules/gapi/gapi.php line 391 and change the lines:

if (isset($response['rows']) && is_array($response['rows']))
foreach ($response['rows'] as $row)

to:

if (isset($response) && is_array($response))
foreach ($response as $row)

that should fix the issue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

to:

Thank you! I no longer get the error, but I still can't see any activity in the real time tracking page. I will wait for 24 hours to see if this actually fixes anything or just masks the error away.

Hmm tried that 24 hour waiting and didn't work. It seems that it is broken more than expected. I am on vacation at the moment and plan to investigate when I'll be back. In the meantime just plant the GA code to the header to get things moving

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm tried that 24 hour waiting and didn't work. It seems that it is broken more than expected. I am on vacation at the moment and plan to investigate when I'll be back. In the meantime just plant the GA code to the header to get things moving

I having the same issue like your situation. google analytics had set my tracking ID in it and turn global tracking user ID;;;;;;

the google analytics API module, if I put my View ID in the profile.  it keep notifying me "cannot retrieve test results"  so I leaved the Profile blank.

My opinion is that the problem not the prestashop itself, I had waiting it 24 hours, still can not get the real-time report in my google analytics.

PS: my another website in the same google account working good with Real-time report.

Have you solved it? could you share how you solve it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

do not work for me

to:

do not work for me

SOLVED!

Leave the ''profile'' box empty and save.

work

I was having the same issue so I downloaded the lasted version: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/natif/4168-ganalytics.html

It only requires only the tracking id and once I added it, the Real Time section in Google Analytics started to work!

This 4168-ganalytics module working with API Google Analytics module at BO>Dashboard>Trafic box.

I use API Google Analytics v1.2.2 - PrestaShop at index.php?controller=AdminModules&module_name=gapi
Prestashop 1.6.1.11 with Google Analytics Module

Trick for working dashboard is simly, wait :

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/443499-cannot-retrieve-test-results/?p=2522873

Edited by tcladin (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Cannot retrieve test results"
mean no data yet, and it can be happen if Google Analytics (ganalytics) module yet installed & configured.

If you just install the Google Analytics API (gapi) module but yet install Google Analytics (ganalytics) module then there wont be any analytics data.

You have to install Google Analytics (ganalytics) module first and make sure it working well then wait for a few days until the analytics data gathered. Next Google Analytics API (gapi) module can be installed & configured and  and you will get the result.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/22/2017 at 11:24 AM, gonebdg - webindoshop.com said:

"Cannot retrieve test results"
mean no data yet, and it can be happen if Google Analytics (ganalytics) module yet installed & configured.

If you just install the Google Analytics API (gapi) module but yet install Google Analytics (ganalytics) module then there wont be any analytics data.

You have to install Google Analytics (ganalytics) module first and make sure it working well then wait for a few days until the analytics data gathered. Next Google Analytics API (gapi) module can be installed & configured and  and you will get the result.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  for the information. it solved all the problem imediatelly as I installed the right module.
BUT!! this is so wrong that two different Modules have almost the same names "Google Analytics" and "Google Analytics API" and SAME LOGOS!!! which I think confuses many people.

So for those who has this problems:
1) You need to install the "Google Analytics" module and  NOT the "Google Analytics API"

2) "API google analytics: Cannot retrieve test results" - just Leave the ''profile'' box empty and save.

I have spent a whole day solving this problem (#><)