Yesterday I updated my shop to prestashop 1.6.1.12, but now I'm unable to log into my backoffice. I write my emailadress correctly and then my password, but the system keeps telling me my email or password is incorrect. I have tried asking for at new password, and the system sent a new password to my email, but it didn't work.

I have looked at SETTINGS.INC.PHP and it seems both emailadress and (old) password

are in the system. Then I have tried entering the database and change the password following

the procedure described by 

https://www.vipulhadiya.com/change-prestashop-employee-password-from-database/

but I haven't been able to make it work.

what do I do next???

Thank you c64girl for answering my question!

I did check ../config/settings.inc.php as it seems to be a key element in finding the solution.

The define password line does contain my original password.

Then there's a COOKIE_KEY line containing a 56 caracters long line. I have tried copying it (With no invisible spaces!)

into the database, editing the ......_employee line in the passw value. This resulted in a "please enter no more than 32 caracters"

After that I changed the varchar(32) to md5.  This didn't do the trick! 

I have then tried entering the 56 caracters long line followed by my original password (no spaces) with varchar(32) on md5,

This is - if I have understood  it right, the procedure described by Vipul Hadiya. Still no login!  frankly I am running out of ideas!

Ad far i can remember when i was updating my PS from 1.5 to 1.6  i had the same problem.

What i did was:

I made new PS installation on my server and made another DB then i used the same email adress that i had in old version of PS. After that i copied the COOKIE_KEY and i think some other things from that file to the new 1.6 with my old DB where i was not able to login. And after that it worked i login to the PS. Dont remember if i was changing something in DB. If You want i can try to help You with that login if You made me a ftp account and give me link to admin of Your PS.

Did You try this ? Lost Password ?

PrestaShop_How_to_reset_admin_details_1.

Or if above not work  can You run this in Your DB ?

UPDATE `ps_employee` SET `passwd` = MD5('EGbvvetrMAhxyUupKday1VTuGG2RDywT08QxaqQKnyEfrWw1HzZoP6YPnewpassword123')  WHERE `ps_employee`.`id_employee` = 1;

And change in php to this:

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'EGbvvetrMAhxyUupKday1VTuGG2RDywT08QxaqQKnyEfrWw1HzZoP6YP');
Edited by c64girl (see edit history)