HTTP 500 error on Prestashop 1.4 after installing PayPal module

Hi All

I was after some help if possible please.

Yesterday I was attempting to install the free PayPal module. It installed but would not enable, so I uninstalled it, re-downloaded it, and tried to reinstall from the fresh zip file. At this point Backoffice hung up and through up the HTTP500 error.

After a trawl of the web I found this page explaining how to turn on debugging:

https://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/the-500-internal-server-error-explained-solved/

I went into the config/config.inc.php file and changed from @ini_set('display_errors', 'off') to @ini_set('display_errors', 'on').

This then pulls up the following error when I load the page:

Fatal error: Class 'ControllerFactory' not found in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/index.php on line 29

Not being overly software savvy I struggle to understand what the error is. This occurs when I go into either back office or the shop front.

I looked in the index.php file and the last two lines say the following:

require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');
ControllerFactory::getController('IndexController')->run();

This is the same as a previous backup I had from the middle of last year.

I thought I would go into the config.inc.php file and turn debugging mode back off, but pages (back office or the shop front) still pull up the above text when it loads.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Edited by jonamacg83 (see edit history)

Actually, my last statement isn't quite correct. The above occurs when I go into the store front. When I go into BO the 'Fatal Error....' is replaced with the following:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/config/config.inc.php:15) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/secure/header.inc.php on line 29

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/config/config.inc.php:15) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/secure/header.inc.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/config/config.inc.php:15) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/secure/header.inc.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/config/config.inc.php:15) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/secure/header.inc.php on line 32

Fatal error: Class 'Configuration' not found in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ma/cg/ra/macgracing.co.uk/public_html/shop/secure/init.php on line 32

I tried replacing these files with a previously backed up copy but it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks

Jonny

Quick update here.

I systematically replaced the various files in the shop folder and couldn't get the error's to be resolved.

I then decided to try to get a backup of the site from the host, 123reg. I thought that this was going to be the answer but they have come back to me to say that they only have backups spanning back 4 days, so it looks like I am going to get this fixed the hard way.

Bit stuck now.