Prestashop 1.7.1 | Problem with the page of password recoveru

fabbea

Hi everyone,

when people have forgotten their password, they have to click the link "password forgotten". But instead of the page "password-recovery" I see those errors messages :

ContextErrorException in smarty_internal_templatebase.php(157) : eval()'d code line 489:
Notice: Undefined index: notifications

in smarty_internal_templatebase.php(157) : eval()'d code line 489
at ErrorHandler->handleError('8', 'Undefined index: notifications', '/home/www/comm-commerce/vendor/prestashop/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(157) : eval()'d code', '489', array('_smarty_tpl' => object(Smarty_Dev_Template))) in smarty_internal_templatebase.php(157) : eval()'d code line 489
at content_58f0fc1102d2f5_86847423(object(Smarty_Dev_Template)) in smarty_internal_templatebase.php(157) : eval()'d code line 141
at content_58f0fc11114ae9_68719071(object(Smarty_Dev_Template)) in smarty_internal_templatebase.php line 188
at Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('customer/password-email.tpl', null, 'layouts/layout-full-width.tpl', null, false, true, false) in SmartyDev.php line 41
at SmartyDev->fetch('customer/password-email.tpl', null, 'layouts/layout-full-width.tpl') in FrontController.php line 660
at FrontControllerCore->smartyOutputContent('customer/password-email.tpl') in PasswordController.php line 214
at PasswordControllerCore->display() in Controller.php line 225
at ControllerCore->run() in Dispatcher.php line 369
at DispatcherCore->dispatch() in index.php line 28

What does that mean ? Can someone help me, this step is important for the customer.

The theme is the original child theme with some minor changes (in css and templates only, not in the core or the javascript files).

Thank you

Regards

post-37381-0-00664900-1492188462_thumb.gif

post-37381-0-97593400-1492188474_thumb.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

It's not a good solution but if anyone is reading this in the future I have found a workaround for this issue on the password reset page.

- Go to your theme/templates/_partials/notifications.tpl
- Surround the code on the page with an if statement to check if $notifications has been set

{if isset($notifications)}

{/if}

For me this removes this issue from the password reset page, and lets it load properly.

You can do the same on the sitemap template i.e. {if isset($sitemap)} but for me this then just loads a blank page.

Hope this helps somebody down the line.