Cannot create new product or duplicate product in 1.7.1.0

Having recently installed from new and imported database from 1.7.0.4, I now cannot duplicate a product, or add new.

If I select Products > New Product, I'm taken to the Dashboard.

If I'm viewing a product and click Duplicate at the bottom of the page, I'm taken to a blank page.

If I select one or more product then use Duplicate Selection from the Bulk pop-up, I get error, "Cannot duplicate many requested products"

Any help appreciated.

I can do that but is there anything I should check first in the database or maybe even store settings to correct issue?...

I have tried checking and repairing the database via cPanel. Nothing found, and repairing made no difference.

I just compared test store and live store databases but the ps_product tables look identical to me. 

The only difference between the two installs is in the live store I imported database created in 1.7.0.4.

There's probably a neater way but I simply renamed the old tables, imported, then deleted the renamed tables.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

After a lot of installing and reinstalling 1.7.1.0 and importing database saved from 1.7.0.4, decided to go back to 1.7.0.4.

1.7.1.0 just does not like something in the 1.7.0.4 database tables related to products. Otherwise, seems to work just fine.