Can't upgrade modules after upgrading to 1.7.1

aphilipp

I upgraded the core from 1.7.0.5 to 1.7.1.0 by 1-Click Upgrade (with many problems...)

Now I can't to upgrade modules.

1. Press UPGRADE button.

2. Got the message: "Notice! Операция Upgrade на модуле <бла-бла-бла> прошла успешно." (succesful upgrading)

But...

The "Upgrade" button was not change to "Configure".

I tried to press the "UPGRADE ALL" button too. The same...

29 modules are not upgradable...  o_O

)) I tried it so many times! And always got the succeful message "Notice! succefull." (green rectangle at upper-right corner).

The same message without real upgrage I have got when I tried to upgrade "1-Click" module. Resolved it by manual instalation.

What's wrong with other native modules?

When I upgrade I get 2 errors about upgrading the modules. 1 for ps_linklists and 1 for ps_emailalerts. When I go to look at the modules page after upgrade to 1.7.1.1 I see that 34 modules need upgrading. When I upgrade all, only 1 actually upgrades, but all say they've suceeded. It settles at 33 modules needing upgrade and no matter how many times I run the upgrade, they still say they need an upgrade. I also checked in the modules folder and it appears the modules were actually upgraded, so Im not sure why the modules page is not reflecting the new version numbers.

I think this is an issue going back to 1.7.0.5 as well. I had a few modules that had not been upgraded that I was not using (like checkpayment). I cannot upgrade these either. I have a related thread regarding the errors I was receiving. 

I think it has to do with the call being a GET and not a POST. POSTS are allowed to that URL, but apparently GETs are not and it generates an error. see https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/606776-1705-upgrade-module-http-error-500/ for more information.

still unresolved, and preventing me from upgrading. 

The workaround for me is 

Enable --> Upgrade --> Disable.

Worked well enough. I do get the same notification about the desktop computer access to the page. Not sure where that came from, but I think its new since I've upgraded to 1.7.1.1

• 4 years later...
On 3/19/2022 at 3:17 PM, NetVicious said:

I upgraded from 1.6.24 to 1.7.8.5 with the 1-Click-Upgrade and the bug it's yet on PS 😞

Let me see you left the most stable version of presta for an adventure in 1.7 for the sake of ......

I waited a bit of time wating v1.7 will be more mature but it seems it's not as stable as it should be.

I fixed my problem doing this:

- Removing old plugins which don't works on 1.7 (i will edit this post at home, writing the exact names).

- I placed one email address on the bottom of the Log setup page where the system sends logs when a critical error it's detected.

- Checking all the requisites PS has for PHP on the php.ini (i will edit this post at home, writing the exact changes I did).