What is the best VPS Hosting company for Prestashop 1.6.1.12 ?

Hi World,

We transferred two weeks ago our prestashop on VPS (Best solution performance) Inmotion Company (http://www.inmotionhosting.com), hence our nightmare began! the server has basic issues and not Expert with Prestashop Platform. We only lost time and money, even by paying extra money for better support advanced configuration does not work at all! and we had only problems for all!

In Our Development Environment all work perfectly and in addition for show that everything works well our side we have created a copy of our e-commerce on a new poor shared hosting of $4 per month and all work perfectly! (only lose time and money) but the same Inmotion company does not configure well our VPS for Prestashop, so we think that this great handicap depend only on Inmotion company.

We are very Disgusted by the incapacity and no experience with Prestashop of company Inmotion but The worst thing is that I have known Inmotion company on the Prestashop official website as the best choice !!!

Now we have decide to migrate our Prestashop in a new VPS hosting company, so I kindly ask if you know this company recommended always by Prestashop Official website and if is a REAL Better choice for Prestahop ecommerce:

https://www.1and1.co.uk/virtual-server    (VPS Cloud XXL Offer)

Or advice us other VPS company with Better support experience and best performance with Prestashop 1.6.1.12

Thank you for your cooperation/help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did you finf your hosting company? Otherwis e i can recommend you a few who perfectly know prestashop. Not cheap, but 100% perfect.

Dear Curios,

We have the same problem, we tested 3 different company for PS Based Shop using VPS ( PS v1.5 and PS v1.6 ) but we are not satisfied.

Can you raccomend someone :

Many Thanks

Hi World,

We transferred two weeks ago our prestashop on VPS (Best solution performance) Inmotion Company (http://www.inmotionhosting.com), hence our nightmare began! the server has basic issues and not Expert with Prestashop Platform. We only lost time and money, even by paying extra money for better support advanced configuration does not work at all! and we had only problems for all!

In Our Development Environment all work perfectly and in addition for show that everything works well our side we have created a copy of our e-commerce on a new poor shared hosting of $4 per month and all work perfectly! (only lose time and money) but the same Inmotion company does not configure well our VPS for Prestashop, so we think that this great handicap depend only on Inmotion company.

We are very Disgusted by the incapacity and no experience with Prestashop of company Inmotion but The worst thing is that I have known Inmotion company on the Prestashop official website as the best choice !!!

Now we have decide to migrate our Prestashop in a new VPS hosting company, so I kindly ask if you know this company recommended always by Prestashop Official website and if is a REAL Better choice for Prestahop ecommerce:

https://www.1and1.co.uk/virtual-server    (VPS Cloud XXL Offer)

Or advice us other VPS company with Better support experience and best performance with Prestashop 1.6.1.12

Thank you for your cooperation/help.

Hi GianlucaVega,

Have you find the right company for VPS hosting ? We have the same problem

We are based in Italy but we work mostly with USA

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...

For e-commerce you should really be using VPS but that also means knowing how to setup a server -- yes there are managed VPS options but they are much more and typically worse so you end up paying more for an inferior product in most cases.

The three companies I would recommend are Digitial Ocean, Linode, and Vultr. All my current stores/sites are on Digital Ocean droplets but I have accounts on all three and I'm going to use one of the other two for the next project. They are all basically equivalent with slight differences in the configuration of the VPS specs you get -- negligible differences in the amount of RAM/CPU per dollar spent is the main difference.

If you just want to setup quick and dirty Digital Ocean has the option to spin up a droplet with a LAMP preconfigured. That isn't ideal as you can get better performance and you should do some hardening but this will still be better than shared hosting by a lot and it is just ready to go. The site will have e-mail but if you want to setup e-mail you'll either have to setup an email server or if that is more complex than you want to deal with you can just pay for e-mail.

I spent a lot of time reading and testing stuff and so self-taught myself how to setup a server. I plan to write out instructions eventually but I still need to first determine if I actually have it all correct. I went with a much more performance setup than just a plain LAMP and so still have a few issues that I need to resolve.

• 4 weeks later...