No search results / quick search not working either

djbasspower

Hey guys,

I have a multishop (PS version 1.6.1.11) where I am running two stores, each with a different theme. All works perfectly on the second store but on the first one the search engine doesn't work at all. The quick search function dropdown doesn't displays anything and on the search results page (index.php?controller=search) says no results.

I tried the following:

• rebuild search index (missing values and full rebuild) - it currently says that all the products had been indexed
  • enabled/disabled ajax search
  • enabled/disabled quick search
  • reset/uninstall-delete-install search module
  • activated search module that is used for second store - still not working
  • installed third-party search module - still not working
  • enabled/disabled SSL
  • changed search url in SEO and URL admin page
  • reinstalled theme from scratch
  • overwrite prestashop core files with the ones from original .zip

After the search, the url is

index.php?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=test&submit_search=

so I know for sure that what I search goes in the url.

I don't know if this is related but on my manufacturers page it says 0 products on all listings even if I have plenty of products assigned to each brand. The categories are working fine dough...

Any other suggestions? Is the problem mysql related? I don't understand why the search engine is working perfectly on the secondary store...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Edited by djbasspower (see edit history)

Hi, did you recently update to v.1.6.1.11 and ever since have this problem? The search is messed up in version 1.6.1.11 and above. If you browse the forum you will see others complaining about it. Best guess is to just restore the search file of v 1.6.1.10 which seems to have been the last stable one.

Edited by jetway (see edit history)

Hi, did you recently update to v.1.6.1.11 and ever since have this problem? The search is messed up in version 1.6.1.11 and above. If you browse the forum you will see others complaining about it. Best guess is to just restore the search file of v 1.6.1.10 which seems to have been the last stable one.

Thanks for your quick reply!

What file are you referring to exactly?

I overwrited SearchController.php in „controllers/front“ and Search.php, SearchEngine.php in classes folder, again not working...

I will try to update to 1.6.1.12 and see if this fixes the problem and I'll write back.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the search still doesn't work...

I replaced classes/search.php with the one from v1.6.1.10, v1.6.1.12, v1.6.0.5 and even v1.7.1.0. but still nothing. In my secondary store all works great, indifferent of the search file version.

I heavily thought about it and I think the problem is language related. My installed language was English, afterwards I added Romanian, then deleted English because I never used it. Maybe the database got screwed somehow or maybe it's a problem of indexing or displaying the results in English only.

Any ideas what else to try?

I'm stuck with this stupid search engine for a mouth now, it's getting really frustrating... 

Thanks again!

Edited by djbasspower (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I had the same issue, migrated from a 1.6 site and upgraded to 1.7.

Search did not work, despite re-indexing, clearing cache etc.

I replaced search.php in classes, using the 1.6 version. My search returned straightaway, but the Information tab in admin back office is now disabled. I can live with that, search is essential!