I can't save changes to my products in Prestashop 1.7

donscalos

IHi,

I have  PrestaShop : 1.7.0.6     .

I can sort out my products categories but changes are not applied. I cannot move my products from one category to the other or update their names.

There's a fix on the 1.6 changing form.tpl in the admin folder but the 1.7 structure is different !

Thank you for your help !

Edited by donscalos (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi this is from this post and it worked for so many including me...

rdubill, on 01 Aug 2017 - 6:22 PM, said:snapback.png

To anyone who might be following this - late yesterday afternoon (7/31/17) I went into Advanced Parameters>Performance and changed the following.

1) Left SMARTY alone - that is left caching type at file system and checked never recompile template files.

Towards the bottom you will see a heading of CACHING...

I set use cache to no.

I'm not sure how the setting works in conjunction (if at all) SMARTY - or what impact (if any) this will have on my site's response times.

Since I made this change everything I save is updating instantly.

I'll watch this as I move forward with development.

thanks to all for your input...

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/621979-prestashop-saving-changes-in-back-office/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2591451

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

i have the same problem on Prestashop 1.7.2.2 (fresh install)

Tested on Chrome / Firefox / Edge, when i save any product in Backoffice, it shows a green message "updated", but no changes on the product.

I can create a product perfectly, but once it is created, it cannot be edited.

I can't see any error on javascript console or debug mode.

How can i fix this?

Best Regards,

Is it that simple?? How long is too long? What is the maximum size? (oh I see, 160 characters).

I'm having the same problem with a customer!!! But he didn't fill SEO Meta description.

He did fill meta title, suggested 70 characters, he sometimes overfills this field.

Can this cause the 'data not saved' error???

Edited by schot (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All,

I have opened an other thread but maybe it's related. I get an error: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data,  main.bundle.js:56382:9 on Prestashop 1.7.2.1 when saving (after change) or activating/deactivating a product.

Thread: 

Unfortunatelly, I have no solution so far as I do not see what is wrong with the code. But there's a but... it's the section throwing an error that comes right after the Firefox part.

Kind regards,
PR

By each problem, like site freezes, cannot save changes, please also activate debug mode. Most of theses problems are due to server problems (not correct configured, or not suitable for to run Prestashop).

How to activate debug mode: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

i think i found a possible problem.

Products that you cant save have any videos in description?

I noticed that the only products i cant save are the ones with youtube videos in description page.

I activated iframes in HTML fields  from Shop Parameters - > General.

Please try and let me know if this solution works to you also.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

my prestashop is from version 1.7.2

if you have to have that row in the configuration table

go to the configuration table and list for 500

then in the top search engine look for this:  PS_PRODUCT_SHORT_DESC_LIMIT

you will see how it appears.

Send screenshot.

I do not use video on products

Best Regards,

table.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Related the "unable to update settings" problem that does not let you save product modifications.

Go to Catalog -> Products -> Open a product -> go to Description tab -> Make sure 6000 character limit is not exceeded -> Click Save ==> https://i.imgur.com/jOTEhzR.png

After that i was able to save any modification made to that product!

Selection_150.png

I'm using Prestashop 1.7.2.4 in multistore mode, using a product importer to populate and update DB from csv file.

Certain products didn't want to save any of the changes to any field, whilst others had no issues at all. Checked all suggestions above, with little luck.

Noticed the products that failed to save had tags with HTML entities (like ') in them.

Removing the HTML entities from the tags was the solution for me, the product now saves correctly.

On 17/01/2018 at 6:34 PM, prestavanilla said:

I had the same issue in 1.7.2.0. After import I could not edit the products. Take a look at the categories for the product that you have imported. A main category should be selected, if not you cannot edit the product. This was the problem in my case.

Hope this helps.

I had the same.

But keep in mind that it doesn't limit the problem to the product without the category. Actually all depends of its position in the database :

Products that are read sequentially before that product will save. Products after won't.

To help you find the faulty product, you can use dichotomy search :

Let say you have 1000 products and the 800 is not working.

Prestashop IDs are stored in database biggest number first.

So the faulty problem is between 1000 and 800.

1000-800=200

200/2 = 100

1000-100 = 900

You test product ID 900.

If can save, means faulty product ID is between 800 and 900. If cannot, between 1000 and 900.

Then you start again checking at the midpoint. Works fast even with very large databases ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17. 1. 2018 at 11:34 AM, prestavanilla said:

I had the same issue in 1.7.2.0. After import I could not edit the products. Take a look at the categories for the product that you have imported. A main category should be selected, if not you cannot edit the product. This was the problem in my case.

Hope this helps.

Solved this issue for me on prestashop 1.7.2.4, PHP 7.1.15

Thanks prestavanilla

But it is holly crap

• 3 weeks later...

i already have PHP version 7.0 and PS 1.7.3.0 and it started to happen to me today :(

changing to other versions doesn't solve it.

EDIT: I've tested and found it's related with combinations. if i create a simple product i have no problems. if i change it to product with combinations i start getting this error. this error is so stupid. i didn't have the problem when i started. only started very recently.

Edited by patuga (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally I've sold my problem.
I could not update f.e. reference in product description. After save, the old reference still left.
It is because limitations in php and database. In my case it was reference length set to 32 in php and also in database
Open classes/Product.php and change:
'reference' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isReference', 'size' => 32
to f.e. 64
'reference' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isReference', 'size' => 64

Then open phpMyAdmin, navigate to table ps_product and select correct line (in my case is reference). Then change varchar length from 32 to 64.
Save and it is done!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 10:48 PM, lanterneled said:

i think i found a possible problem.

Products that you cant save have any videos in description?

I noticed that the only products i cant save are the ones with youtube videos in description page.

I activated iframes in HTML fields  from Shop Parameters - > General.

Please try and let me know if this solution works to you also.

Thank you.

That was my problem. Youtube videos. When i enabled Iframes everything gets saved. PS 1.7.3.0. Custom theme.

Thanks lanterneled for your info. You made my day.

Hello, for all of those who didn't manage to fix this issue, here is one more solution that worked for me:

In the options tab -> tags you must not enter any keyword that contains special characters -> in my case I had a keyworkd that contained the "%" character. After removing that specific keyword, everything worked fine for the product.

• 3 weeks later...

This could also be the answer for some:

If you use foreign characters in you link_rewrite (SEO) and you have not activated the function Accented URL then the product is not saved allthough it says it is:

BackOffice => Shop Parameters => Traffic & SEO, in the "SET UP URLS" part,  you need to check if the Accented URL is enabled

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi
I have the same problem in PrestaShop 1.7.5.0 
unable to modify and update anything in the product page

I check the chrome inspect page and see this problem 

1. Request URL:
    *****/index.php/sell/catalog/products/496?_token=pScofxR0VybG-yEVaY-8sEZlAHNYf1sAbDbDW_mzKjU
  2. Request Method:

how i can solve this problem?

this problem just occurs in some my old product page that I want to update them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2019 at 7:30 PM, Virous.2016 said:

Hi
I have the same problem in PrestaShop 1.7.5.0 
unable to modify and update anything in the product page

I check the chrome inspect page and see this problem 

1. Request URL:
    *****/index.php/sell/catalog/products/496?_token=pScofxR0VybG-yEVaY-8sEZlAHNYf1sAbDbDW_mzKjU
  2. Request Method:

how i can solve this problem?

this problem just occurs in some my old product page that I want to update them.

Same problem here, please help

• 9 months later...
On 11/12/2018 at 5:36 PM, rbuelund said:

This could also be the answer for some:

If you use foreign characters in you link_rewrite (SEO) and you have not activated the function Accented URL then the product is not saved allthough it says it is:

BackOffice => Shop Parameters => Traffic & SEO, in the "SET UP URLS" part,  you need to check if the Accented URL is enabled

That solutions worked for me, PS 1.7.4.4 on PHP 7.3

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I had the same problem, however I wasn't able to  save only few products. Long story short, I found that some product stay "stuck" in category which was deleted (I don't know how). So, I deleted all records of caregories (which was deleted) by "id_category" from "category_product" table and it works. However at firt aftet that I have to change some details, like name of product. After that save (the product will be add to home categry. At the end I'm able to change all parameters and save the product.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...