Second tracking number.

mytheory.

Hello,

First, I guess I am trying to understand how the tracking number works... from what I have read after completing an order and changing its status to "Shipped" an textbox for the tracking number appears. We are still building our site and have not had the ability to fully test this feature. When I change the default order in the BO to shipped I can't see the tracking number input box. Is this how it works, and if not could you explain a bit further?

Second, ultimately I am trying to set it up so more than 1 tracking number (min. of 2) can be associated with a single order. We have two warehouses that we hold inventory, and in the foreseeable future we anticipate having to ship from both locations to fulfill orders and satisfy our customers. Obviously, we would need a way to inform the customer of both packages (for 1 order) and their respective tracking numbers.

As I mentioned before, I am not fully aware of how PS and tracking numbers work, but my guess is that by default you can only associate 1 tracking number per order. Yes? and does anybody know a way to accomplish what I am trying to do? Like what files I should be looking at, etc.

THANKS!

Hi
I can help with your first question.
When you change the order status to Shipped then click the button Change button it then shows a text entry box on the invoice section on the right of the page which allows you to enter the shipping number.
I have no idea if it can be changed to allow 2 different tracking numbers for the one order but can confirm the standard installation does not allow entry of 2 order/tracking numbers.

Thanks for that info... it was really helpful! At least now, I know that I could start working on setting something up like this without wasting my time.

Do you happen to know why the "Default" order (using the default "My Carrier") doesn't respond with a tracking number input box? Maybe because it is the default option?\

Thanks again!

When setting up the Carrier in the Shipping section of the BO there is a place to enter the tracking URL of the carrier you are setting up.
I would imagine if the URL was not inserted then the box may not appear. (Just a guess).
The prestashop installation sets up easily and there is some good info on the boards should you get stuck at some point.