[bug?] Blank Product in PS 1.7.0.6

We found that in PS 1.7 when creating a new product that if you navigate away from the create product page before saving (or as happened in our case, the computer crashed) you end up with a product that both exists and does not exist. You cannot edit it in the back office, yet the id exists in the (prefix)_product field in the database. To make matters worse, this blank product now shows up on your homepage in the featured products module.

In order to eliminate it we had to check the page source on the blank product entry on the homepage (just to verify the id), login to the database using PhpMyAdmin, and delete that id from (prefix)_product. Then a cache clearing in the back office to completely get rid of it on the front page/featured products module.

This has happened 3 times, twice due to a crashing computer and once due to navigating away from the product creation page.

If the ID exists, surely it should be available in the listing in the back office even if it is a blank product to facilitate removal/editing/completion, and secondly if it hasn't been saved or enabled why is it showing up in the featured product module given that it is only really a used product ID?

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hello. This is my first post. Sorry for my bad English.

Something similar about blank products but in my prestashop 1.7.2

the ID is not listed in products page. There is a jump in the ID's.

When i click in the upper left corner of blank image  in FEATURED Products,

i see in the address bar of my browser the address of this "phantom id" and

see the product without name and picture, but for example

with sizes.

I don´t know if i explain myself well. If anyone needs i put an image.

Thanks to all.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/627155-jump-in-id%C2%B4s-with-some-products-in-blank-v-172/

Edited by prestas131 (see edit history)

Hello. This is my first post. Sorry for my bad English.

Something similar about blank products but in my prestashop 1.7.2

the ID is not listed in products page. There is a jump in the ID's.

When i click in the upper left corner of blank image  in FEATURED Products,

i see in the address bar of my browser the address of this "phantom id" and

see the product without name and picture, but for example

with sizes.

I don´t know if i explain myself well. If anyone needs i put an image.

Thanks to all.

For better community feedback I recommend you post a 'new' topic with your issue.  then post link to that topic here for others to follow.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2017 at 6:51 PM, whoey said:

We found that in PS 1.7 when creating a new product that if you navigate away from the create product page before saving (or as happened in our case, the computer crashed) you end up with a product that both exists and does not exist. You cannot edit it in the back office, yet the id exists in the (prefix)_product field in the database. To make matters worse, this blank product now shows up on your homepage in the featured products module.

In order to eliminate it we had to check the page source on the blank product entry on the homepage (just to verify the id), login to the database using PhpMyAdmin, and delete that id from (prefix)_product. Then a cache clearing in the back office to completely get rid of it on the front page/featured products module.

This has happened 3 times, twice due to a crashing computer and once due to navigating away from the product creation page.

If the ID exists, surely it should be available in the listing in the back office even if it is a blank product to facilitate removal/editing/completion, and secondly if it hasn't been saved or enabled why is it showing up in the featured product module given that it is only really a used product ID?

Saved my day! Thank you!

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...