SEO Performance (URL Cleaner) dissapointment

anotherdeeziner

hi, can anybody help? We purchased the SEO Performance (URL Cleaner) module, it does not work and i can't get the developer to help us. We paid over 90 pounds sterling for a load of nonsense and and can't get a reply from anybody on this subject. I have sent at least 7 messages to the developer but to no avail.

Kind regards Ray

In fact the removing of ID's is not a SEO booster. You followed this discussion ? https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/458524-prestashop-1610-remove-ids-from-urls/?do=findComment&comment=2124269

There is no proof that by removing the ID's you will get better positions in SERP's. SEO is more than removing only ID's. I'm working since years with the ID's and their behaviour in SERP's is neutral. For better positions you should work on unique content.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi there.

I hope someone can help me.

I installed the module , went throe the configuration , changed all the duplicates , activated the module and now I am getting 500 error , blank page and cant access the front or back office - no reply from the developer.

Can anyone help ? I made a backup as this was requested before I could access the configuration page.

getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Dispatcher::seoperf_clearRoutes() in /home/drfash5/public_html/eshop/modules/seoperformance/seoperformance.php on line 681

Edited by psyho997 (see edit history)

Getting rid of URL IDs is just a waste of time. It doesn't help in the meaning of better SEO performance. All shoud read post #3 from selectshop. If you want to optimize without a module - just put the ID at THE END OF THE URL params and you are fine.

psyho997

Rollback your shop by restoring the backup before installation. I guess you have one?

If not - it might get more difficult. Your error reads like you already have deleted the module? Is this the case?

If yes - that is the problem. Never delete a module WITHOUT uninstalling before. Otherwise you still have registered hooks which try to run but the modules code is missing.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)
  • Like 2

You can try to log into your database and fine the modules internal ID (which is unique on your system). If you have that ID, you can delete all the modules hooks. Some module configurations might then still exist and should be removed manually (for example in ps_configuration or in module specific own tables).

If you feel comfortable with directly updating your db I would guide you throug the first part with deleting the hooks. Deleting the remaining rubbish in terms of configuration data would not be part of my offer.

And maybe worth lookin at this article I wrote today - how to avoid troubles...
https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/623215-how-to-avoid-troubles-with-upgrades-new-modules-and-changes/

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

Thank you for your offer Scullly.

I did made a backup of the rewrites before I could use the module so I hope it can be reversed manually - I've contacted the developer - the funny thing is that it is made by prestashop team . Their support is non existent . Nobody is replying to the emails , I do regret that I went with prestashop few years ago.

Anyway , site is still down , all the links are changed so manually deleting the module will not give me the result I need as I need go get it back to the state before I have used that peace of shit software.

You could use Prestools. It has a Shop rescue option in its menu that allows you to disable overrides and to disable non-Prestashop modules (this is the same function that you find also in your backoffice). Disabling overrides will very likely be enough to give you access to your backoffice where you can uninstall the module. When that is done you switch overrides on again.

Prestools is not a module so you can use it even when your shop is dysfunctional.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

I repeat: Prestools is not a module. So you can install it.

msicmaster - I do not know how to thank you !

I've disabled the overrides , applied the backup and uninstalled the module.

Everything working fine now. Thank you very much for your help , now all I need is to get a refund from prestashop - and make a backup of the store every time I change anything.

Have a great day !

• Like 1

• razaro changed the title to SEO Performance (URL Cleaner) dissapointment