500 Internal server error while installing PrestaShop 1.7.0.x

Hi,

For those, who could encounter Internal server error 500 during the installation of PrestaShop 1.7.0.x

A small solution, that was discovered recently on some hosting providers.

When you try to install your Prestashop ver.1.7 you receive the 500 internal server error.

If it is not connected with php zip extension, then it is error with file permissions.

Open your FTP account and locate the index.php file from your installation (after you have unpacked the downloaded archive).

Change the permissions for this file: deactivate permissions from "all users" to "yourself" and activate "execution".

And that's all. Your installation will start after this small change.

Hope this will help for someone )

• Like 1

Who is the correct permission? 

Just edit the permissions for the file - like allow editing / writing / reading to yourself.

I'm not sure how to do it from some FTP software. But each hoster has online web-based FTP access.

Just locate your file there and click "edit permissions" or "permissions" button (may be through right click).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/3/2018 at 6:01 AM, Ramiz Raja said:

: HTTP 500 - error -

I am getting this error while installing Prestashop 1.7.3  please help me 

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 10.28.59 AM.png

I have the same problem and it is not resolved by changing index.php permissions ! :'(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used 755 permission for files and folders and it works fine on centos web hosting.

This can be done using ftp client software FileZilla or File Manager from Cpanel or SSH access to server with linux command chmod -R 755 /psfoldername

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the actual error BTW:

Europe/London] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Argument 1 passed to PrestaShopBundle\Translation\Loader\SqlTranslationLoader::setTheme() must be an instance of PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Addon\Theme\Theme, null given, called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/prestashop_1.7.3.1/classes/Context.php on line 395 and defined in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/prestashop_1.7.3.1/src/PrestaShopBundle/Translation/Loader/SqlTranslationLoader.php on line 48

For Prestashop 1.7.0.x, permission 700 worked well. But for 1.7.3.1 it didn't work. After several trials, as per the direction from 'Noneleft' I installed it with the country selection USA and USA/Alaska, it worked well. I am from India and I have to change the country after the installation.

Edited by varkeychen (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

On 14/4/2018 at 10:40 PM, varkeychen said:

For Prestashop 1.7.0.x, permission 700 worked well. But for 1.7.3.1 it didn't work. After several trials, as per the direction from 'Noneleft' I installed it with the country selection USA and USA/Alaska, it worked well. I am from India and I have to change the country after the installation.

You have the reason! I tried changing the country to USA and work! Thank You n.n

Edited by Authentic
Error type (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Good news!

Prestashop 1.7.3.2 solved this problem of country selection. I am from India and today I installed one copy with  the country selection India genuinely in installation successfully. I hope in future we can select our own country in the installation itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to install v.1.7.3.2 and I'm getting the 500 error before any installation starts. I uploaded the 3 files from the download package to my webspace and tech support at my hosting company are telling me there is an error in the index.php file ... "PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/sites/********/index.php on line 51"

I've tried uploading the index.php file again but no joy. I've tried changing the permissions for the file to include "execute" but nothing.

I've asked them to confirm what version of PHP they are running but other than that I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks

John

I've just checked on the hosting company's website and it looks like they are running PHP 5.2 - 7 which seems not to be compatible with Prstashop V. 1.7.3.2. So can anyone tell me the latest version of Prestashop that will run under PHP 5.2 - 7 ?

Thanks

John

• 1 month later...

I'd the same problem installing PrestaShop 1.7.4.0 stable on my Xampp. I read all the topics and found out this issue appears when you try to install it on different language than "EN US or UK". So I tried to find what causes this problem and finally I found out there's a module named "ps_themecusto" inside my modules directory. I removed that module and restarted the installation process.

Result: My problem was solved and I did not get 500 error any more. 

I'll report this issue to PrestaShop asap.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Same problem... HTTP 500 error... Nothing has worked for me. But I have found solution. Problem is on hosting server PHP version. Here is a table where are official PHP requirements, but it's really not correct for a new installation of prestashop, not sure for update od PS. 

PrestaShop Version Minimum Recommended Not compatible
1.6.1.x PHP 5.2 PHP 7.1 PHP 7.2+
1.7.0 ~ 1.7.3 PHP 5.4 PHP 7.1 PHP 7.2+
1.7.4 PHP 5.6 PHP 7.1 PHP 7.2+
1.7.5 PHP 5.6 PHP 7.2 PHP 7.3+

I have tried many solutions (language change, permission change, but nothing has worked for me). So as a last thing I have tried was PHP ver. change from 5.6 to 7.2 and then everything was installed correctly with no errors in Slovak langauge (Prestashop v 1.7.5.1). I have tested PHP versions 7.0 and 7.1, but there was an errors too. 

So the solution for me was to change hosting server PHP to ver. 7.2 and everything is fine now for me now.

image.thumb.png.7c3ad079f35e44b4ea815d1260eeb9ae.png

• 6 months later...
On 4/25/2019 at 11:03 AM, JB79 said:

Same problem... HTTP 500 error... Nothing has worked for me. But I have found solution. Problem is on hosting server PHP version. Here is a table where are official PHP requirements, but it's really not correct for a new installation of prestashop, not sure for update od PS. 

PrestaShop Version Minimum Recommended Not compatible
1.6.1.x PHP 5.2 PHP 7.1 PHP 7.2+
1.7.0 ~ 1.7.3 PHP 5.4 PHP 7.1 PHP 7.2+
1.7.4 PHP 5.6 PHP 7.1 PHP 7.2+
1.7.5 PHP 5.6 PHP 7.2 PHP 7.3+

I have tried many solutions (language change, permission change, but nothing has worked for me). So as a last thing I have tried was PHP ver. change from 5.6 to 7.2 and then everything was installed correctly with no errors in Slovak langauge (Prestashop v 1.7.5.1). I have tested PHP versions 7.0 and 7.1, but there was an errors too. 

So the solution for me was to change hosting server PHP to ver. 7.2 and everything is fine now for me now.

image.thumb.png.7c3ad079f35e44b4ea815d1260eeb9ae.png

For me solution was the same, just changed PHP version to 7.2

• 1 year later...

Yes, but Softaculous directly installs it for English, and that's what I don't want.

In my store my language is "id 1", and Softaculous installs English with "id 1".
   In my store everything that refers to my language is id 1.
This would cause problems.

Edited by sanbikes (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

The installation of Prestashop is not complete.
And a 500 timeout message appears.

I didn't want to, but I had to do it with Softaculous, except that it doesn't give me the option to choose my language at the time of installation, this technically gave me a lot of work, because my tables referring to language _lang ids were all number 1.
I had to replace everything with 2

I have another problem, when I activate error log I get this warning  😓

Fatal error: Class 'ObjectModel' not found in /home.../public_html/storename/classes/Configuration.php on line 30

PS 1.7.7.4
PHP 7.2
Litespeed Server

• 3 months later...

I'm installing PrestaShop for the first time so this is all new to me. 

I am using cPanel and I have uploaded prestashop.zip to public_html and extracted the files.

I get "Internal Server Error" when trying to launch the installer. I'm doing that by simply entering my domain in browser (www.mydomain.com).

Presta version 1.7.7.8

Thanks for the tip. I ran the PHP info system requirements tool and everything else is ok except for

• max_input_vars under PHP configuration (current 1000, recommended 5000)
  • memcached under PHP extensions (No vs. Yes)

My PHP version is 7.4.23 and recommended is 7.1 but that shouldn't have effect I believe?

On 9/23/2021 at 9:47 PM, Irualz said:

Thanks for the tip. I ran the PHP info system requirements tool and everything else is ok except for

• max_input_vars under PHP configuration (current 1000, recommended 5000)
  • memcached under PHP extensions (No vs. Yes)

My PHP version is 7.4.23 and recommended is 7.1 but that shouldn't have effect I believe?

Should there be an error log or such in my bluehost server? I really have no idea how to go forward from here. Should I maybe try some earlier PrestaShop versions instead of 1.7.7.8?

4 hours ago, Irualz said:

Try it. Bluehost is not the best choice for a business startup. Specially when shared server. PHP uploads you change in php.ini for the version your server runs on.

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, donato06 said:

ho trovato questo errore dopo il test phppsinfo come posso risolvere ? grazie

you go to your repsective PHP folder under etc/php/xxxxx and edit the php.ini file.
If you don't know much better go to job offers or PM me.