Change PHP version from 6.5 --> 7.0

Studio1one

Hi fellow´s, if a Prestashop 1.6.1.11 runs on a PHP 5.6 and I want it to run on a PHP 7.0 server, what do I need to change in files to make it work on 7.0?

I´m gonna move a site to a new hosting and the new one run´s on 7.0.

Anyone who have the answer for me?

//Patrik

I run PS v1.6.1.10+ on PHP 7.0.x and it works fine

Yes I know it will run great on PHP 7.0, but the issue are that I´m moving the site from a server that use 5.6 and move to another hosting that run PHP 7.0 and it´s not working, so I need to know what and where I need to make the changes in files at the site to make it work on the new PHP 7.0 server.

Any tips?

Sure it's PHP7.0? PS 1.6.1.11 will not run on 7.1 unless you manually apply the 7.1 fix

The server that I move to is for 100% running on PHP 7.0 not 7.1.

And PS will run on PHP 7.0 since the 1.6.1.4 version.

But that is not the thing here, the thing is that the person who installed the store for us on the server it´s installed on now is running on PHP 5.6 so I need to know where and in which files I need to fix to let it run on 7.0 ;-)

If you're moving your website to a new host and the domain name does not change this shouldn't be a problem at all. Prestashop is built to run on PHP 7.0. So if you're running a new version of prestashop 1.6.1.x and up there is no code modification needed.

Hi fellow´s, if a Prestashop 1.6.1.11 runs on a PHP 5.6 and I want it to run on a PHP 7.0 server, what do I need to change in files to make it work on 7.0?

I´m gonna move a site to a new hosting and the new one run´s on 7.0.

Anyone who have the answer for me?

//Patrik

okey, we manage to solve some part of it, but was in need to still run on PHP 5.6, anyone know about any kind of issues at PS or made LEO Theme templates/modules that needs to fix?

When we run on 7.0 the front crash but not BO.

• 1 year later...

If you are not sure which module is compatible with PHP 7.0, before you migrate turn off third party modules (in order to avoid possible problems when starting  installation) If some of the installed modules are not the cause of the problem in your case, for proper functioning of PrestaShop under new PHP,
You just need to update "htaccess" & "php.ini" in root folder of prestashop (here's how: just rename to htaccess_backup, php_backup.ini)

Then go to "SEO & URLs" in "Preferences" in BO of your PRESTA and change "Friendly URL" and press "SAVE" generate new "htaccess" & "php.ini", than set to back "Friendly URL" and SAVE again.