Product quantity for combination and Add to cart button

Hi all I've some difficulties understanding how quantity works for combinations.

Let' say that I have a product called Whatever available in Red, Blue and Green. I create a single product called Whatever with 3 versions: Red, Blue and Green. I must choose one defaoult variation. Let's say the Blue one.

Until I have a product available for the Blue variation everything works fine. 

If the Blue variation goes out of stock I cannot see the Add to cart button anymore even if I still having the Red and the Green available.

How can work this logic?

To complete the picture: I'm not using the Advanced Stock management because I don't have a stock. I sell in dropshipping and I just upload the product quantity from CVS file. I'm able to change the quantity of the variations on the combination.

I guess that, in some way, I should setup a main quantity if exist at least 1 variation available or something like that.

Anyone can help me to handle this issue?

I will apreciate.

Thank you in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...
If the Blue variation goes out of stock I cannot see the Add to cart button anymore even if I still having the Red and the Green available.

to what add to cart button you reffer? on list of products (if you're on 1.6) or on product page?

I was referring to the add to cart button on product page.

I solved this issue in the meantime.

My problem was that I update the products quantity by a mysql call. I solved how to edit quantity on product combination for each variation and then I understood that there was also a total quantity needed to be updated. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/13/2017 at 9:35 AM, TheDuck said:

I was referring to the add to cart button on product page.

I solved this issue in the meantime.

My problem was that I update the products quantity by a mysql call. I solved how to edit quantity on product combination for each variation and then I understood that there was also a total quantity needed to be updated. 

Hello there,

I face a similar issue, could you please post more details about how did you solve it ?