PrestaShop Payment Module Serius Problem on the order insertion

ESN

I tried to edit paypal module of PrestaShop and create a customized payment module, but I think I tangled in a philosophical problem on the code. :(

As I understand when customer redirected to the paypal website, there is no appropriate order inserted in the `orders` table yet. As soon as customer come back from paypal site, at the end of `modules/paypal/validation.php` file, `validateOrder()` function will be called and order will inserted into `orders` table.

It's completely recognizable till now, but after this my brain slightly farts! There's a serious problem when I see customer will return to `order-confirmation.php` and it checks the `order_id` before it inserted into DB! Let me to explain; On the top of `order-confirmation.php` there's a check about order:

$id_order = Order::getOrderByCartId(intval($id_cart));
if (!$id_order OR !$id_module OR !$secure_key OR empty($secure_key))
       Tools::redirect('history.php'.(Tools::isSubmit('slowvalidation') ? '?slowvalidation' : ''));
$smarty->assign(array(
       'HOOK_ORDER_CONFIRMATION' => Hook::orderConfirmation(intval($id_order)),
       'HOOK_PAYMENT_RETURN' => Hook::paymentReturn(intval($id_order), intval($id_module))));

It tries to get `id_order` associated to the cart (`id_cart`), but as I explained there's no associated order yet, so `Order::getOrderByCartId` returns false. In the next line customer will be redirected to the `history.php` and `Hook::orderConfirmation` will not never called and no order placed!

I can't believe if you say it's a bug, but I can't understand where I'm wrong.
Any help will be appreciated :)

• 1 year later...

It tries to get `id_order` associated to the cart (`id_cart`), but as I explained there's no associated order yet, so `Order::getOrderByCartId` returns false. In the next line customer will be redirected to the `history.php` and `Hook::orderConfirmation` will not never called and no order placed!<br/><br/>I can't believe if you say it's a bug, but I can't understand where I'm wrong.<br/>Any help will be appreciated :)

Same here !

I'm updating a IWSile payment module, and I'm stuck at same problem. Retrieving id_order from id_cart returns false and customer is redirected to histoy.php page.

Am I missing some piece of logic ?

Thanks

Claudio

• 1 month later...

It tries to get `id_order` associated to the cart (`id_cart`), but as I explained there's no associated order yet, so `Order::getOrderByCartId` returns false. In the next line customer will be redirected to the `history.php` and `Hook::orderConfirmation` will not never called and no order placed!<br/><br/>I can't believe if you say it's a bug, but I can't understand where I'm wrong.<br/>Any help will be appreciated :)

Same here !

I'm updating a IWSile payment module, and I'm stuck at same problem. Retrieving id_order from id_cart returns false and customer is redirected to histoy.php page.

Am I missing some piece of logic ?

Thanks

Claudio

Same here, with a modified moneybookers module. I checked thrice, haven't removed code other than filling my new templates.

Any hint on where the ps_orders record is actually created? there is no cart->createOrder, nor Order->fromCart or similar...