Friendly URL Errors With Multistore Configuration

Hi, I'm hoping for a little help if possible please.

I'm setting up a Prestashop site with multiple stores configured. I have Friendly URL's on.

The site works great for the default store including checking out and purchasing, and on the secondary store everything is fine until I get to the checkout page.

One page checkout with Guest users is set up on both stores (although the same issue happens on standard checkout for the secondary store too).

When I try to go through the process of ordering as a Guest on the secondary store, once I try to save the name and address details and click save I get the following error:

"TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save account Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: error"

But looking in the BO I see that the customer details are being saved.

Looking at Firebug I can see that the error reported is:

"404 Not Found - https://www.mysite.com/uk/quick-order?rand=1489085043805"

If I turn off Friendly URL everything is fine and I can checkout as normal.

I have tried every solution I have seen on these forums so far, from adding various lines in htaccess (such as Multiview) to changing options in SEO&URL's, to modifying various JS and TPL files but I cannot fix this problem. Most people seem to come across this with single stores, but this is related to a secondary store.

Has anyone come across this? And is there a fix for this so I don't have to use the standard Prestashop URLs?

Thanks in advance.

(Note - I haven't used the proper URL as the site is in Maintenance Mode and can't be accessed anyway).

Edited by Quicksilver01uk (see edit history)