Google rankings falling away at speed

misterc

Hi,

since moving my sites to Prestashop I have experienced bad search engine results; and that was 3 years+ ago! Prior to that I enjoyed page 1 Google placement nationally for 2 or 3 of my main keywords, and even had 3 sites on page 1 all offering exactly the same products.

As my sites have fallen in the rankings, I have engaged a number of different freelancers to address the problem; all without any noticeable success, and so I am turning in desperation to the experts and fellow Prestashop users in the hope that there is something obvious that is being missed.

I have had site analysis reports, keyword reports, installed ssl certification, made the sites mobile friendly, have robots.txt files and sitemaps set up as cronjobs, have added content frequently and change content regularly, had disavow files created to remove bad links, had white hat link building projects, all to no avail. My main site today is at position 80'ish for my main keyword 'faux fur throws' and lower for 'faux fur throw'.

When I look at the page source, there appears to be mountains of coding on each page which must be masking information for spidering; should it all be there?

Unfortunately, I know how to make product, and how to administer the site, but my technical abilities are very limited and have to rely on freelancers or organisations for optimisation work, but after 3 years and many, many hundreds of pounds, I am no better off. Against my 2 main competitors, I am told that my site is on a similar level, but they are on page 1 and I am miles away and losing market share by the day. I can not afford expensive seo companies, and they all seem to want to do exactly the same work (a site analysis, keyword research, competitor analysis, link checking, etc.) all of which has been done several times.

My website is https://www.faux-fur-throws.com/ My home page seems to get picked up at position 80 for the keyword 'faux fur throws' but shouldn't it be the main category page being picked up as it has more content and is more relevant to the search?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated (before I go bust!) or recommendation of an seo expert who doesn't want to sell a standard package, who is flexible, and CHEAP!

Thanks in anticipation.

John C

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue.

I moved from a WebCreator pro designed website to Prestashop 2 years ago, and, with the same SEO optimisation I saw the my Google rankings go down...
Have you found any explanation?

Is there anyone who could help?

Thank you in advance...

Hi,

unfortunately not found any solution yet. I have used several seo freelancers and developers, but none of them have really made any difference. When we carry out site audits, comparing against my competitors, the reports show that my site should perform equally as well organically; if not better.

I have just had a developer fix an issue whereby h1, h2, h3 tags were not being identified correctly, and it appears that some url's have miraculously duplicated (meaning duplicate content in the yes of Google)

I now have to seriously consider dropping using Prestashop after the massive financial investment, and switch to another platform; and start all over again!.

It is worth noting that since posting this question/issue, nobody from Prestashop has responded and offered advice or comments!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

since moving my sites to Prestashop I have experienced bad search engine results; and that was 3 years+ ago! Prior to that I enjoyed page 1 Google placement nationally for 2 or 3 of my main keywords, and even had 3 sites on page 1 all offering exactly the same products.

As my sites have fallen in the rankings, I have engaged a number of different freelancers to address the problem; all without any noticeable success, and so I am turning in desperation to the experts and fellow Prestashop users in the hope that there is something obvious that is being missed.

I have had site analysis reports, keyword reports, installed ssl certification, made the sites mobile friendly, have robots.txt files and sitemaps set up as cronjobs, have added content frequently and change content regularly, had disavow files created to remove bad links, had white hat link building projects, all to no avail. My main site today is at position 80'ish for my main keyword 'faux fur throws' and lower for 'faux fur throw'.

When I look at the page source, there appears to be mountains of coding on each page which must be masking information for spidering; should it all be there?

Unfortunately, I know how to make product, and how to administer the site, but my technical abilities are very limited and have to rely on freelancers or organisations for optimisation work, but after 3 years and many, many hundreds of pounds, I am no better off. Against my 2 main competitors, I am told that my site is on a similar level, but they are on page 1 and I am miles away and losing market share by the day. I can not afford expensive seo companies, and they all seem to want to do exactly the same work (a site analysis, keyword research, competitor analysis, link checking, etc.) all of which has been done several times.

My website is https://www.faux-fur-throws.com/ My home page seems to get picked up at position 80 for the keyword 'faux fur throws' but shouldn't it be the main category page being picked up as it has more content and is more relevant to the search?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated (before I go bust!) or recommendation of an seo expert who doesn't want to sell a standard package, who is flexible, and CHEAP!

Thanks in anticipation.

John C

Hi,

We have gone through the website functionality it looks fine but there are a lot of SEO mistakes that we noticed.

1. Web site home page seems to have got penalized by Google as the homepage is not ranking with the domain name. There can be multiple reasons for the same:
  • Duplicate Content - They have copied the website home page content on their YouTube profile which can be the reason of duplicate content. Need to update the fresh content on the home page. 
  • Spammy Links or Backlinks from spammy websites
2. Web sites seem penalized in duplicate content and unrelated outgoing backlinks. We checked the article section of the website and observed that there is a huge number of outgoing links which are referring to other websites. 

We checked the content and found that content is copied from another website.

3. Apart from that, we tried to figure out when website got penalized. We tried the checked traffic history on Free tools but they were not showing any data to us. We are suggesting you following tool to check the penalty date of the website. The will give us an idea about the penalty.

4. We noticed that you have heading tags that are too long or too short. It's best to keep your heading tags between 15 and 65 characters. Even, H1 tag is incorrect.

5. Only 14 backlinks are coming for the website home page. While you have added the backlinks of other websites in the articles. We will suggest you remove all the outgoing backlinks.

6. Need to create a content rich page, we observed that you have added content to article section but we are not sure about that quality of the content. We will suggest you DELETE all the duplicate from the article section and start posting the unique content.

7. We will suggest you add backlink from the related website that will be counted as a quality backlink from SEO point of view.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact in case of any query or issue.

Have a great day.
Edited by Knowband Plugins (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I've done zero SEO for my stores and we rank ok but not great for most of our main keywords -- I plan to take a shot at improving SEO but we just use adwords and that has worked perfectly. Yes it costs money but it is instant and setting up an adwords campaign is an afternoon while doing proper SEO can take some time. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Gtmetrix is one of the useful tool to find website loading speed and other parameters for good seo result.

It also helps to find where your website need improvements. 

https://gtmetrix.com

PrestaShop Tutorials Videos [How to do Tasks]

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated (see edit history)