Custom Text Block

Hi

I have just downloaded PrestaShop version: 1.7.0.6 - default theme and went to the custom text block, i clicked on configure and the details are there. But when i click back to list in the bottom left hand corner. The page reloads the custom block text.

As i am new to pretashop am i doing someing wrong or is this a bug issue. Please could someone help.

It's by design. Despite the name "Custom Text Blocks", you can only add a single text block. I requested the option to create multiple blocks on the Forge, but my request was ignored. I guess they didn't think it was important. Maybe you can try posting a feature request now to see if they're willing to add it now?

Thank you for our comment, your definatley right about multi custom text boxes especially when content is king.  I will certainly add a feature request. To follow on from my question, i belive the custom block can be added to different positions. where can this be done, as i said, when Im in the BO and click comfigure it goes straight to the cms block. Where can i can the position of the block, when i press back to list, it just reloads the page.

Any thoughts

Click the "Manage hooks" button in the toolbar on the module's configuration page (or manually go to Design > Positions) and then click the "Transplant a module" button. Choose "Custom text blocks" as the module and then choose the hook where you want the module displayed. 

• 3 years later...
On 3/12/2017 at 9:42 AM, rocky said:

It's by design. Despite the name "Custom Text Blocks", you can only add a single text block. I requested the option to create multiple blocks on the Forge, but my request was ignored. I guess they didn't think it was important. Maybe you can try posting a feature request now to see if they're willing to add it now?

We can duplicate this module to have an extra custom text block, right? It should not be tough, i recon. I have tied it already but i get stuck to the database settings. It worked otherwise perfectly. It was just loading the content of the main module. Need a little help to fix that. I think i have to set a new table for the duplicate module. Otherwise it probably will not work. Can you give me some idea that how can i do that?