Migration failed - shop down

dacct

Question

Migration failed. Back Office login screen is wrongly formatted (see attached pic) and I cannot login despite using the same credentials from Cloud to hosted server.

I followed the instruction given by PS team.

1. Created MySQL database

2. Installed PS 1.6.0.14 -  Front and Back Office worked just fine

3. Import database provided by PS team with success

4. Copied backup files provided by PS team

5. Edited config/settings.inc.php to point to the proper database

At this point Back Office is not functional (bad formatting + access refused). So I edited in phpMyAdmin:

6. Edited ps_shop_url

7. Edited ps_configuration

Still same problem of Back Office badly formatted and inaccessible

Wondering if the backup provided by PS team is bogus.

Any help greatly appreciated !

post-1028286-0-13693300-1488550628_thumb.png

14 answers to this question

Thank you so much to dh42 for resolving this issue.

I spent countless hours looking for a solution and I have been in touch with PS tech support not ta avail.

I'm bewildered it was not mentioned to reactivate the employee upfront when the backup was provided.

Not to mention the migration was provided out of the blue with no warning 6-7 weeks after making the request, putting my shop offline in week I was running events with international guests and had no time for dealing with this. And of course PS Team could not put it back on for the time being. Very bizarre ways of doing business they have !

Ok I found out that the Back Office login page looks ok if I do shop.mydomain.com/admin instead of mydomain.com/shop/admin

Yet my login fails and when I try reset password the system is telling me that this account does not exist.

Anyone?

Edited by dacct (see edit history)

I fixed the URL's and removed .htaccess. The shop is now working but I can still not login in the Back Office. I tried resetting the password, or create a new account, but not ta avail.

Strangely when I go in the Forgot / Lost Password I keep getting:

There is one error.

1. This account does not exist.
Edited by dacct (see edit history)

It does.

I used the same username (email) + password for the vanilla installation of PS and it worked just fine before importing the db and transferring the backup files.

I tried to add a new employee but same issue.

I don't see how the passwords would work, following those instructions.

The passwords in the database are encrypted using the cookie key in the settings file.  So if you installed a clean version of Prestashop, it would have established a new cookie key value in the settings file.  But the passwords in the database were encrypted using a different cookie key.

So I suppose the question is, did PS provide you with the cookie key value?  And if so, did you update your settings to use it?

I have a customer account I use for testing the shop.

Login for this account works so I copied/pasted the password from this account to the accounts in ps_employee but not to avail.

I copied the files from the backup including settings.inc.php which includes the cookie key.

I see that in the vanilla installation of MYSQL_ENGINE is set to MyISAM. In the backup it is set to InnoDB.

Could this have anything to do with the issue I am encountering?

I see that in the vanilla installation of MYSQL_ENGINE is set to MyISAM. In the backup it is set to InnoDB.

No, it should not. I assume your mysql database server is configured to support both engines? 

Login for this account works so I copied/pasted the password from this account to the accounts in ps_employee but not to avail.

I would expect that to work.  Have you tried performing the forgot password on the back office login page?

|   I would expect that to work.  Have you tried performing the forgot password on the back office login page?

Yup when I try to perform the forgot password I get:

There is one error.

1. This account does not exist.

The issue was the account was set to inactive in the ps_employees table. I am suspecting PRestaShop did that so people could not log into their shops after they shut it down, but I do not know. Anyways if someone has the same problem change the 0 in the active column to 1.