Names in Product List appear as N/A

aquaanimation

I have an issue with the product list.

All the product names seem to have no name (N/A) [see the screenshot].

They were uploaded using either Greek language as profile language or English but their names are not visible if the profile language is english and not Greek.

How may I fix that so that in all of the profile languages the names will be the correct strings and not N/A??

Thanks in advance for the help

post-1033305-0-51770500-1488396659_thumb.png

I would guess the English translations are missing for those products. You can try editing each product, entering a translation for English and then clicking the "Save" button.

In case I don't want to maintain the English version too, since I will be using just the Greek Version,

how could I have the products display the same strings that the Greek version has?

You'd have to run an SQL query like the following using phpMyAdmin:

DELETE FROM `ps_product_lang` WHERE `id_lang` = 2;
INSERT INTO `ps_product_lang` SELECT `id_product`, `id_shop`, 2, `description`, `description_short`, `link_rewrite`, `meta_description`, `meta_keywords`, `meta_title`, `name`, `available_now`, `available_later` FROM `ps_product_lang` WHERE `id_lang` = 1;

This will delete all the product translations for language 2 and then copy the product translations for language 1 over to language 2. Change 1 to the language ID of Greek and 2 to the language ID of English.

Remember to back up your ps_product_lang table first so you can restore it if something goes wrong.

• 4 months later...

You'd have to run an SQL query like the following using phpMyAdmin:

DELETE FROM `ps_product_lang` WHERE `id_lang` = 2;
INSERT INTO `ps_product_lang` SELECT `id_product`, `id_shop`, 2, `description`, `description_short`, `link_rewrite`, `meta_description`, `meta_keywords`, `meta_title`, `name`, `available_now`, `available_later` FROM `ps_product_lang` WHERE `id_lang` = 1;

This will delete all the product translations for language 2 and then copy the product translations for language 1 over to language 2. Change 1 to the language ID of Greek and 2 to the language ID of English.

Remember to back up your ps_product_lang table first so you can restore it if something goes wrong.

It did NOT help me... Does any one have working solution? it looks stupid when all your items title are displayed N/A.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I fount the solution on my own. 

I made my site again in english language, checked titles and it was just perfect. Then changed the language back it was before, for me it was Lithuanian language and it worked. All titles display nice and search is working too on admin panel to find the product. 

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue in version 1.7.5.0

In the English language I see N/A but when I change to Dutch language in the back office all is ok.

We need to have it in 2 languages working, because not all people working on the site speak/read Dutch properly so we have to use English as well.

Is there an easy fix for this found already for this issue?

PS. When I import the product all is ok in both languages

UPDATE:

When I change the product name in the default language (English) nothing happens and name stays as the old name, but when I change the back office language to dutch then you see the change you have made in the name field.

Edited by Michel_1911 (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same problem,

On 6/25/2019 at 2:16 PM, saeed_sb said:

Hi,

I Solved this problem. you can use this module:
https://github.com/saeed-sb/fixboproductname

How to install it? If I  make a .zip file that include all those files, Prestashop says "upload error". Sorry for the noob question, but I can't install it.
PS: I tried to put the folder (not .zip) into the modules folder via FTP, but still can't see the module in the Module Manager. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all In my version, Prestashop 1.7.6.7 appears in the product name N/A admin panel. I am trying to install the module in the admin panel, but it fails. Uploading to FTP to the / modules directory doesn't help either. The module is not visible in the administration panel. Am I doing something wrong? Could someone give a hint.

error.jpg

ftp.jpg

• Like 1

It works! Please check first if the folder fixboproductname-master contains another folder inside with the same name.

If there is a second folder inside, delete the first and keep only the one inside.

Secondly rename the folder in order to not contains characters like "-" 

for example make it: fixboproductnamemaster

and try again to install.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Good afternoon

Yes, the webshop for visitors is in Dutch, but the backend (for me) is in English.

But I found it already.
Because my backoffice is in English, I need to add the translations of the product.
This also results in the webshop being multilanguage.

I changed my admin profile to Dutch, and now the problem is solved.
frontview and backoffice need to be in the same language for avoiding these problems

• 1 month later...

Problem is still there in prestashop 1.7.7.1

We run the in Dutch but gives for some people still problems because the English part is not updated.

You see in Dutch all oke and in English you see N/A and when you copy a product you keep seeing copy of.

But customer sees all normal.

Does anyone already have a simple solution?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Run this query in your ps_product_lang table on phpmyadmin.

UPDATE `ps_product_lang` SET `id_lang` = '1' WHERE `ps_product_lang`.`id_shop` = 4 AND `ps_product_lang`.`id_lang` = 2;

You need to change the id_shop` = 4 ( This 4 to your shop Id where you want the language change) id_lang` = 2( Replace two with the language you want to alter or the no of wrong language.

This will work 200% if you know what you are doing.

• 7 months later...

if anyone facing this problem, just go to Advanced Parameters->Team then choose your employee account, and scroll down to Language, and change it to your language.

for example if your website is only in french, just change employee language to french

• 6 months later...
On 1/16/2021 at 11:40 PM, Digital360Europe said:

Michael_1211

Please use this module. It works fine at least on 1.7.6.2.

Once installed, if it doesn't work check the module's folder on File Manager. Sometimes the folder's name is not correct. Must be "fixboproductname-master".

fixboproductnamemaster.zip 9.53 kB · 35 downloads

Hi. Does it work on 8.x?

Thanks