Help with upgrade and possible modifications

CrystalPhoenix18

I would like to set up a test shop on my site involving an upgrade to the latest release of Prestashop and my theme (Alysum), connected to my current database (or a copy of it), and retaining the modifications to the theme (primarily menu and colours).

The site needs some serious cleaning up and speed enhancements.  Cahes seem to mess everything up so they're all disabled.  There's also an issue with communication with PayPal (the site sometimes notes payments and sometimes doesn't).

I'd also like to explore making some modifications and add-ons (for example, a pop-up newsletter subscription box), and some added text to some items (for example a pop-up or text explaining special orders and/or ordering items that are currently out of stock, and an upsell/cross-sell on the cart page and/or product page for added services and/or accessories to items purchased).

Site:  http://thestitchersmuse.com

Hosting: InMotion

Prestashop version: 1.6.? (sigh - can't figure out where to find this)

I'd also like help/guidance on modifying email templates and possibly some page modifications - IE tutorials so I can make minor changes myself.

Please quote on the setup of a test shop first, and then on the other items.  I am currently on a very limited budget and need the numbers to explore financing.

Thanks!