Question

Hi, my name is Cole Harpell

I was wondering if Prestashop is by default SSL protected similar to Wix I was comparing? Wix has SSL protected, and would like to know if this eCommerce platform is as well, if it's not, I'm going to have to go through the trouble of aquiring a CSR code to active my SSL from Namecheap.com to get this done. Also as a side note, is Presta Norton certified, or would I have to get that done myself? Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

A software cannot be SSL certified, it the the hosting platform (or more specifically the IP address) that is SSL certified.

WIX provide a store and hosting - it is all on their system so they can SSL protect every IP address and domain name as they choose

Prestashop you download and install it where every you want to host it - so you are responsible (or your hosting company) for the SSL

haylau already answered: no software is SSL certified. Also Prestasho Cloud hosting service is not. You need to buy a SSL certificate which than was installed on Prestas server for your specific domain. But from what I know Prestashop Cloud services will be cancelled in some days, so this question will be obsolete here...