Prestashop 1.7 multi store url error 500

esterflore1@yhoo.it

Hello, 

in Prestashop 1.7 I enabled the multi store and create a new shop, I set the physical url as www.mysite/new and I get error 500 in both the main shop website and the new one, with only the administration working.

Here the details of the 500 error.

Thanks

Ester

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Error log

[error] [client 2.233.70.53] File does not exist: /web/htdocs/www.mysite.com/home/presta17/admin123/themes/classic, referer: http://www.mysite.com/presta17/admin123/index.php?controller=AdminShop&token=b566908fcfbb8fd1a36b647e7f24d56c&addshop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Maybe my reply comes a bit late for you, but this is what I came up with. 

I had the same problem, which I cannot say is a prestashop issue. My domain already looks at a subfolder, so there is no need to fill-in the physical URL. 

So, my domain is: www.domain.com, the path on the server is folder/subfolder (NO NEED to fill-in "subfolder/"), the virtual URL is new/, and the final URL is www.domain.com/new/. Hope this helps!

Edited by marboo (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/26/2017 at 8:38 PM, marboo said:

I had the same problem, which I cannot say is a prestashop issue. My domain already looks at a subfolder, so there is no need to fill-in the physical URL. 

So, my domain is: www.domain.com, the path on the server is folder/subfolder (NO NEED to fill-in "subfolder/"), the virtual URL is new/, and the final URL is www.domain.com/new/. Hope this helps!

Thanks marboo,

You save my time _/|\_

• 8 months later...
On 10/26/2017 at 4:08 PM, marboo said:

Saved my life too!

To put it another way, if you're on the same server, just put the subfolder in the Virtual URL field, and leave the physical URL blank!
(even though it IS actually the physical URL... Clear as mud!)

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, marboo said:

Maybe check your php version?..... 

Hi @marboo - really appreciate your quick response. My PHP version is 7.1.
However, to finish my task within delivery time, i opted to create multiple sub domains and install prestashop seperately on these sub domains. 

Still, thank you very much for taking your time to reply :)