Config.xml not getting created on module installation

On Windows using WAMP Stack I have been running Prestashop and trying to creating a module. After adding basic feature and on installing Module from Backend Office, I am not able to see config.xml in the Modules/mymodule folder.

It's generated automatically, don't worry. Actually, if you are going to upload module to Addons, you have to remove this file.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I was struggling also with it. I have tried tp reset module, to uninstall  and install module, clear cache etc and config.xml was still missing.

Only one way that went was to generate "automatically" config.xml in my module was to upload whatever zipped module into Modules catalog. In this moment were added all missing config.xml in each module in directory modules/

hace 2 horas, EvaF dijo:

I was struggling also with it. I have tried tp reset module, to uninstall  and install module, clear cache etc and config.xml was still missing.

Only one way that went was to generate "automatically" config.xml in my module was to upload whatever zipped module into Modules catalog. In this moment were added all missing config.xml in each module in directory modules/

But why do you want to generate the config.xml file?

hace 18 horas, EvaF dijo:

because Addons expected it...( to say true, i don't know, if they expect it, or expect (if config.xml exists ) correct values in it)
if do you know it, tell me, plz.. (sometimes a person makes hasty conclusions based on insufficient information)

"Addons expected it", when? Are you uploading a module to Addons to sell it?

hace 19 minutos, EvaF dijo:

thanks for response - I have already found out, that my idea, that config.xml has to be in the module is not correct

thaks anyway for your time

Exactly :) Precisely if you are submitting a module for Addons, they ask you to remove all config*.xml files.

• Like 1