Editing of the theme classic

goodish

Interesting fact.

I change something in classic theme ( file theme.css), save, changes are entered in the file.

In the section Performance/Advanced Parameters of backoffice I turn ON Smart cache for CSS and... all changes are out, showing is original setting of theme.css, despite of cleared cache and recompiled template.

If I turn OUT Smart cache for CSS  - changes in theme are presented.

The override does not work?

Prestashop 1.7.0.4

I've encountered this problem myself. I just manually delete the JavaScript and CSS files in the themes/classic/assets/cache directory and then they are recreated properly. It would be better if PrestaShop automatically deleted them though.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I tried to change simple css option in theme.css (background of Classic theme) but no changes appeared. I tried to clear cache in admin, on FTP in themes/classic/assets/cache directory is nothing.

Any ideas?

You must turn ON in advanced parameters/performance - cache css  and delete all css and js files in themes/classic/assets/cache.

Don´t worry the files uploading again.

Clear cache in your browser.

• 1 year later...

I recommend to rather use custom.css instead of doing changes directly in theme.css - this will give you better overview of your changes done and keeps then separate in case of any theme updates that might override the theme.css again.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Iḿ just at the beginning to customize a 1.7.4.2 Prestashop.

I intended to change backround colors, font colors and some other little changes. After realising that working with custom.css via FTP is quite time consuming I looked for a module. I chose stcustomcode from sunnytoo and installed it. I made some small changes to the background colors with it, but not all were working.  So I cleared cache in assets manually as well as browser cache but it didnt work out, cache css was activated at this point.  I deactivated it, cleared all again, reload - nothing happend. Then I turned it on again, did the same procedure and the whole page looks totally shifted now.

I deleted all my changes from the css module and after even deistalled it but the shifted page stays persistant

I have no Idea, how to fix this issue, because I dont know, how it happend. Maybe someone here has an idea?

Screenshot_2019-07-15 ORTSSTEMPEL DE.png

Edited by dionysusx (see edit history)