Cleaning up the Top Horizontal Menu Drop Down

Hello,

I am having two problems with my Top Horizontal Menu Drop Down box.

Number 1:  As you hover over each Category, the drop down box opens beginning at the location of the selection in the Top Horizontal Menu.  So as you go across the page, the drop down box get's more narrow.  As I have a lot of Sub-Categories for many of the Main Categories, this creates very long drop down menus.  So I would like to have them all open up the full width of the menu bar. Is this possible ?

Number 2:  As each Category drop down menu displays, I have lots of Sub-Categories, some with no sub-categories and others with lots of sub-categories.   In an effort to clean up the drop down menu, is there a way to have it no sow the sub-categories.   The user would click on the Sub-Category and that would take them to the product page where they would be able to use the menu to the left to click on the sub-categories.  Or is there a way to have the drop down menu dynamically adjust it self to arrange the Sub-Categories to display in order of the number of sub-categories they each have.

Hard to explain, I know.   I think I would just like to be able to not display the sub-categories to each Sub-Category.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Matt