How to set different image for different combination

Hi,

I can't find the solution for my problem.

I want to import with csv the combination of a product, with attribute color and size.

If I set in the csv the url image for every single combination then I have duplicate images for the same color but different size.

If I set only one url image for each color in the first combination then only this combination has the image associated.

How can I solve this problem without sets it manually?

Thank you

Matteo

Hi, 

What do you mean by "duplicate images for the same color but different sizes"? If your combinations differ by color, then most likely, you will have the same images for all sizes with this color. To get the images displayed for each variation, you need to set image URLs for each combination in .csv. Having provided image URL for one combination only, you will respectively get it assigned to this combination.   

Hi, 

What do you mean by "duplicate images for the same color but different sizes"? If your combinations differ by color, then most likely, you will have the same images for all sizes with this color. To get the images displayed for each variation, you need to set image URLs for each combination in .csv. Having provided image URL for one combination only, you will respectively get it assigned to this combination.   

I mean that I have the same image for every combination (for example if I have 10 shoes in white color but different size I have 10 images for white color).

To assign image to each combination with "white" color through import, you should have its URL specified for each combination in the import file. As a variant you can add images to product and further manually assign necessary image to each combination in product edit form in the admin. 

To assign image to each combination with "white" color through import, you should have its URL specified for each combination in the import file. As a variant you can add images to product and further manually assign necessary image to each combination in product edit form in the admin. 

If I assign the same image for different combinations of the same color then I have duplicate images (for example if I have 10 sizes of shoes in white color then I have 10 images of the white color product).

I can't assign manually, they're thousand and thousand...

You have image duplicated, because due to PrestaShop logics images are uploaded to the server by IDs. You have image URLs provided in .csv, each takes unique ID in the process of upload, and respectively you get the scope of identical images. This is how PrestaShop works and stores pictures.  

You have image duplicated, because due to PrestaShop logics images are uploaded to the server by IDs. You have image URLs provided in .csv, each takes unique ID in the process of upload, and respectively you get the scope of identical images. This is how PrestaShop works and stores pictures.  

Ok, I understand. So there isn't a way to solve my problem? Maybe a query to assign the id image to combinations?

Thanks

• 3 months later...