[Solved] Florida surtax not working

Diana Hansen

Hello all,

My combined taxes are not working.

The situation is as follows: I only ship to the USA. For this, I created a new zone called "USA only" which includes one country: United States. I use this zone for all carriers. 

I am creating a list of surtaxes for Florida which I need to apply according to the county where my products are shipped to.

Example:

If I ship a box of flowers to Sarasota zip code 34238, I need to apply Florida's 6% tax plus a surtax of 1% for this specific county.

I created a new tax in BO called "Sales taxes US-FL Sarasota 1%" (please see attached image) post-1203198-0-27950300-1486914399_thumb.jpg

Then, I created a new tax rule called "US-FL Sarasota 1%" (please see attached image) post-1203198-0-32179500-1486914398_thumb.jpg

Nevertheless, the Shopping-Cart summary only adds the 6% Florida Sales tax and not the 1% Surtax. (please see attached image) post-1203198-0-91994300-1486914392_thumb.jpg

What could I be missing? 

Please Help.

Edited by Diana EFB (see edit history)

Hello everyone,

For those of you looking for information about how to implement combined taxes and going almost mad because you haven't found an answer, I have good news.

The solution to the problem starts with watching this video:

http://www.codechannels.com/video/quentinwatt/e-commerce/prestashop-beginner-tutorial-16-taxes-and-tax-rules/

If after watching the video you still have questions, maybe the following explanation can help:

1. I created a new tax in BO Localization->Taxes, for Florida called "US-FL My Webshop 6%" just to leave the original "Sales taxes US-FL 6%" alone´. This is optional, you can just as well us the original tax if you prefer.

2. I created new taxes for ALL the counties in Florida. For example: "US-FL Alachua 0.5%", "US-FL Baker 1%", etc. with the corresponding tax rates

3. I created a new tax rule group in BO Locatlization->Tax Rules->Add New Tax Rules Group, called "US-FL Tax and Surtax My Webshop" 

3. Once inside this New Tax Rule Group, I started adding all the tax rules I needed, starting with:

• United States, all states, zip code=0, combine, no tax
  • United States, Florida, zip code =0, combine, tax=US-FL My Webshop 6% (in case you decided to use the original, then select "Sales taxes US-FL 6%"
  • United States, Florida, zip code=32601 (for example, this is the first zip code in Alachua), combine, Tax= US-FL Alachua 0.5%. For a range: United States, Florida, zip code = 32603-32612, combine, Tax= US-FL Alachua 0.5%. 

The bad news is that you need to add each zip code or zip code range for each county manually. It's a nightmare but it works. 

Good luck!

Oh! yes, and in order to make the list of all zip codes for each county easier to handle, I used Excel for organizing them in ascending order.