How can I get rid of "add to cart" and "more" buttons?

Hi,

when I move my mouse cursor on top of each product there are 2  buttons that pop-up, these are: “add to cart” and ”more”. In which way can I get rid of them? I just want the possibility for my clients to click on the image of the product and let them go directly to the information page of each product (the one that displays various descriptions, quantity and more)

I've looked for information in other answers around the web but none of it seems to fit my problem.

thanks,

Lorenzo

Edited by lore_peter (see edit history)

Thanks for the quick answer,

I don't know much of coding but I did try this in the product-list.tpl:

<!--...-->

<!--

<div class="button-container">
{if ($product.id_product_attribute == 0 || (isset($add_prod_display) && ($add_prod_display == 1))) && $product.available_for_order && !isset($restricted_country_mode) && $product.customizable != 2 && !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}
{if (!isset($product.customization_required) || !$product.customization_required) && ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0)}
{capture}add=1&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}{if isset($product.id_product_attribute) && $product.id_product_attribute}&ipa={$product.id_product_attribute|intval}{/if}{if isset($static_token)}&token={$static_token}{/if}{/capture}
<a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button btn btn-default" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart', true, NULL, $smarty.capture.default, false)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Add to cart'}" data-id-product-attribute="{$product.id_product_attribute|intval}" data-id-product="{$product.id_product|intval}" data-minimal_quantity="{if isset($product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity) && $product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity >= 1}{$product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity|intval}{else}{$product.minimal_quantity|intval}{/if}">
<span>{l s='Add to cart'}</span>
</a>
{else}
<span class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button btn btn-default disabled">
</span>
{/if}
{/if}
<a class="button lnk_view btn btn-default" href="{$product.link|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='View'}">
<span>{if (isset($product.customization_required) && $product.customization_required)}{l s='Customize'}{else}{l s='More'}{/if}</span>
</a>
</div>
-->

It didn't work.
Can you walk me through these steps?

And I've even tried to cancel all those lines and it did'nt work.

Lorenzo

Sure, but please attach the file here so I attach it back modified.

PS: Firstly make sure that in "Advanced parameters" -> "Performance" -> "Template compilation" is set to "Recompile templates if the files have been updated" or "Force compilation", otherwise those files won't be updated.

Edited by Goe Burlibasa (see edit history)

Hi guys,

thanks to these guys Goe Burlibasa and Ron , I've menaged to solve it. I'll attach the before and after pictures.

I wanted to  get rid of "add to cart" and "more" buttons and I disabled Quick View too (which is good) and theese are the steps:

1. Firstly make sure that in "Advanced parameters" -> "Performance" -> "Template compilation" is set to "Recompile templates if the files have been updated" or "Force compilation", otherwise those files won't be updated.
  2. insert in the product-list.tpl file which yuo'll find in nameofyourwebsite\themes\default-bootstrap this <!-- before the <div class="button-container"> and  this   --> after </div> this.

<!--

<div class="button-container">
    {if ($product.id_product_attribute == 0 || (isset($add_prod_display) && ($add_prod_display == 1))) && $product.available_for_order && !isset($restricted_country_mode) && $product.customizable != 2 && !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}
    {if (!isset($product.customization_required) || !$product.customization_required) && ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0)}
    {capture}add=1&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}{if isset($product.id_product_attribute) && $product.id_product_attribute}&ipa={$product.id_product_attribute|intval}{/if}{if isset($static_token)}&token={$static_token}{/if}{/capture}
    <a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button btn btn-default" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart', true, NULL, $smarty.capture.default, false)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Add to cart'}" data-id-product-attribute="{$product.id_product_attribute|intval}" data-id-product="{$product.id_product|intval}" data-minimal_quantity="{if isset($product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity) && $product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity >= 1}{$product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity|intval}{else}{$product.minimal_quantity|intval}{/if}">
    </a>
    {else}
    <span class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button btn btn-default disabled">
    </span>
    {/if}
    {/if}
    <a class="button lnk_view btn btn-default" href="{$product.link|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='View'}">
    <span>{if (isset($product.customization_required) && $product.customization_required)}{l s='Customize'}{else}{l s='More'}{/if}</span>
    </a>
    </div>
    -->

In most cases you have to clear the cache and refresh the page to see the results.

photos:

post-1362724-0-99975300-1486922931_thumb.jpg

post-1362724-0-95511500-1486922935_thumb.jpg