get the version of prestashop

me_von_south

Hi Rocky. No I don't have any access. I'm talking like more in general. Like say if I can get the version number, I can approach the shop and say to them: "Oh, I see you are still running version 1.3 Would you like to upgrade? I can help you if you pay me" hahaha. The only thing I can think of maybe is looking at the javascript files like I think I read somewhere the javascript files are compacted into one big file in version 1.7 (if I remember correctly). So that might be a clue. However that can be changed right, so it would be hard to tell in most cases I assume. Anyway its not that important, was just wondering about it. Could be useful in approaching businesses. See who's converted and who hasn't. Thanks for your reply Rocky, appreciate.

Have a good day.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/10/2017 at 6:10 AM, rocky said:
If you have FTP access, you can open config/settings.inc.php (in PrestaShop v1.6) or config/autoload.php (in PrestaShop v1.7) and check the value of _PS_VERSION_.

/config/autoload.php provides only this line: define('_PS_VERSION_', AppKernel::VERSION);
Where it is defined? I think I'm on ~1.7.6 version