me_von_south

get the version of prestashop

Hello guys,

Is it somehow possible to determine the version of prestashop for a certain store? (Without having access to the back office)

If you have FTP access, you can open config/settings.inc.php (in PrestaShop v1.6) or config/autoload.php (in PrestaShop v1.7) and check the value of _PS_VERSION_.

• Like 1

Hi Rocky. No I don't have any access. I'm talking like more in general. Like say if I can get the version number, I can approach the shop and say to them: "Oh, I see you are still running version 1.3 Would you like to upgrade? I can help you if you pay me" hahaha. The only thing I can think of maybe is looking at the javascript files like I think I read somewhere the javascript files are compacted into one big file in version 1.7 (if I remember correctly). So that might be a clue. However that can be changed right, so it would be hard to tell in most cases I assume. Anyway its not that important, was just wondering about it. Could be useful in approaching businesses. See who's converted and who hasn't. Thanks for your reply Rocky, appreciate.

Have a good day.

No, for security reasons, it's impossible to find the version number of a PrestaShop website. If it was possible, it would make it easier for hackers to target security issues in older versions of PrestaShop.