MInimum quantity per product combination

lpgz710

• 4 months later...

Everything is possible but not in the default out-of-the-box configuration. You're going to need custom work to get the outcome you want.

That said there might be two possible tricks to get it to work on an out-of-the-box install of PrestaShop.

One way would be to define the product as a set of three then each of the individual products as attributes. Lets, say I sold fruit -- I would have 3 Fruits as a product then as attributes apple|organge|pear|peach|bannan for attributes fruit 1, fruit 2, and fruit 3 -- that way a customer could but any combination of three fruits but they would always have to buy at least three.

The problem with that trick is that it doesn't work in situations where you want customers to be able to buy 3+ fruits -- at least it doesn't work elegantly. You could have a product 3 Fruits, 4 Fruits, 5 Fruits and with those three products a customer could buy any combination of fruits from 3 to infinity but it is a pretty cumbersome way to do it.

The second possible trick is to just have individual products but use a cart minimum order. This would work if all the items have the same price so all my fruit is $1 and the cart minimum is $3 then they couldn't complete the purchase without selecting at least three fruits. This would even work if there were slight variations in price but it would not work if there was meaningful differences in price -- basically if adding the expensive fruit allowed you to get over the cart minimum with just 2 items.

If you gave more details I could try to come up with something else but what you're looking for requires custom work for it to be done properly.