Prestashop 1.6.1.7 order confirmation problem

mhuberty

Our site is running 1.6.1.7 with PayPal USA/Canada 1.3.9 using payments in standard mode.

Our checkout process is the standard 5 step process.

We require phone numbers for customer and guests. We also have phone number required selected in PayPal.

Friendly URL is set to "YES"

Accented URL is set to "NO"

Enable tax is off.

Our problem is specific. It does not happen with any other payment choice. This is the only time we see it happen.

When a customer places an order in the cart and a voucher for a discount is added to the cart, by a cart rule or by the customer, then they continue to checkout. If they select PayPal for payment, PayPal processes successfully and when they return to our site the following happens.

1. The cart does NOT covert into an order. It does not disappear either. It ends up in abandoned carts.

2. No email is sent to the customer.

3. The customer does not return to the order confirmation screen but rather the order history screen.

4. We find out about this later either by comparing the orders vs PayPal or the customer contacts us looking for their order.

5. The line item details are not sent to PayPal when this occurs. Only summary totals are sent.

6. We have to manually convert the order.

7 The PayPal transaction details are empty.

I read some of the older issues about PayPal on the forum. None have a good answer other than switching to the European version.

Our paypalusa.php module has the following code snippets:

public function __construct()
{
$this->name = 'paypalusa';
$this->version = '1.3.9';
$this->author = 'PrestaShop';
$this->className = 'Paypalusa';

$this->tab = 'payments_gateways';For Identification:

version_compare(_PS_VERSION_, '1.5', '<') ?
(Configuration::get('PS_SSL_ENABLED') ? Tools::getShopDomainSsl(true) : Tools::getShopDomain(true)).
__PS_BASE_URI__.'order-confirmation.php?id_cart='.(int)$this->context->cart->id.'&id_module='.(int)$this->id.'&key='.$this->context->customer->secure_key :
$this->context->link->getPageLink('order-confirmation.php', null, null, array('id_cart' => (int)$this->context->cart->id, 'key' => $this->context->customer->secure_key, 'id_module' => $this->id)),

I have read where "order-confirmation.php" should be changed to "order-confirmation" but does not always fix the issue.

I am attaching a screen print of our SEO & URLs page for order confirmation to show what our value are set to. (we use the Defaults)

I am perplexed and could really use some assistance as to what will make the website work correctly.
A. Create orders that were successfully paid in PayPal
B. Show the customer the order confirmation screen and send the confirmation email.
C. Transfer all the detail lines to PayPal so that they show in the PayPal inquiry.
D. Give us back some level of trust in the system.
E. Quit p^%#ing off our customers.

We are looking for a permanent solution, from user or professional.

post-1160492-0-08538400-1485901833_thumb.jpg

Edited by mhuberty (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am on 1.6.1.10 and saw something very similar to your problem not long ago although I am not using Paypal. The issue turned out to be caused by setting mobile phone to be a required field (in Customer->Address). When I made the field optional again the problem went away. This is problematic because I really need my customers to enter their mobile phone number because the freight company need it to give delivery notice. Anyway, I am not sure this will solve your problem but it's worth a shot.