net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in Google Chrome

HAIRWEBSHOP

Hello, 

Recently, a lot of image, fonts, javscripts etc... are randomly failing to load in Google Chrome, I think some of our customer orders are failing because of this. It says "net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" I made sure to delete all cache, including browser and varnish cache from my webhost, our SSL certificate is still valid and all HTTP connections are properly redirected to HTTPS. There are no errors in the PHP error log.

I contacted our webhost, they told me everything is up and running and they didn't experience the problem, but in Google Chrome. Can someone please help me figure out a solution to this problem. I'm using the latest Prestashop Version 1.6.1.11

Thank you in advance!

Edited by HAIRWEBSHOP (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
On 1/30/2017 at 7:00 PM, HAIRWEBSHOP said:

Hello, 

Recently, a lot of image, fonts, javscripts etc... are randomly failing to load in Google Chrome, I think some of our customer orders are failing because of this. It says "net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" I made sure to delete all cache, including browser and varnish cache from my webhost, our SSL certificate is still valid and all HTTP connections are properly redirected to HTTPS. There are no errors in the PHP error log.

I contacted our webhost, they told me everything is up and running and they didn't experience the problem, but in Google Chrome. Can someone please help me figure out a solution to this problem. I'm using the latest Prestashop Version 1.6.1.11

Thank you in advance!

Hi, did you solved the problem?

21 hours ago, tantan199 said:

Hi,

Is working fine on firefox ? is there any chrome plugins ?

Best regards.

Works well with Firefox most of time, Sometimes Firefox will slow down unexpectedly with 30+secs TTFB,

When I switched to Chrome it has become worst, normally the problem started with CSS, JS, IMAGES connection error on any files randomly, after that browser request will fail with connection reset error.  Both frontend and back office unable to access at the same time when the problem occurs.

Sometimes Prestashop may work perfectly fast and smooth for few hours.

I had tried :

- Clear browser cache

- Clear Prestashop cache

- Disable all cache on Prestashop

- Disable most Chrome extensions

- 4 PC, 2 ISP

None of above solved this problem.

Do you have any ideas?

screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot.jpg

Extension.jpg

The error you are having is indicated by local (browser) firewall. It detects that the script on your server is trying an XSS-attack (cross-site-attack). Seems you are using an insecure YouTube module.

There are two possibilities for to manage this error:

You add your page as secure on your local firewall for to access /shopadmin OR better you identify the script and debug or eliminate it.

The error in your browser is saying that your local machine has discontinued/aborted the internet connection. In most of the cases you also loose your cookie session and you need to login again to your back-office. For to debug the error on browser click on link I added one line before. As the both errors are related, perhaps if you fix the script on your server, the error on browser will also gone.

46 minutes ago, tantan199 said:

It seems there is javascript error occurred, as I can't access your backoffice, so I can't get any solutions.

The javascript error is because null returned. Error disappear when there is no connection reset issue. Please refer to normal screenshot below.

36 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

The error you are having is indicated by local (browser) firewall. It detects that the script on your server is trying an XSS-attack (cross-site-attack). Seems you are using an insecure YouTube module.

The error in your browser is saying that your local machine has discontinued/aborted the internet connection. In most of this case you also loose your cookie session and you need to login again to your back-office.

There are two possibilities for to manage this error:

You add your page as secure on your local firewall for to access /shopadmin OR better you identify the script and debug or eliminate it.

I disabled Youtube module to check if it helps.

Btw, I'm still able to continue cookie session after connection reset.

screeshot4.jpg

Well, we are now mixing here two different problems.

@HAIRWEBSHOP - Prestashop never run with varnish cache. You should disable it.

@KentChang -  1) You added your site to whitelist on local firewall ? Alternative is to disable xss-messaging for your browser, if they are false.

2) You cleared also the cache after module disabling ?

3) As module disabling does not taking effect, you should deinstall the module.

4) Disable the browser plugin Avira. Better you use a local firewall instead. Take for ex. Anti-Malwarebytes on where the false/positives are better recognized.

5) Second error is coming from an extra module you are using on product page. Deinstall all overrides and non native modules. Reinstall one by one by checking when exactly the error is again appearing. This module should be debuged.

It was good until today.  I noticed the problem always started with single CSS file connection error, when I refresh, I got the screenshot below. The files with connection error are different every time the problem occurs. It'll back to normal after some times.

I removed Avira extension and uninstalled youtube plugin.

I'm using subdomain, could it be an issue?

To be more specific, I'm using Prestashop v1.7.3, my server was built with serverpilot. I have another 4 years old Magento site but never seen this error before.

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.1fb16f9a15c154cda648e541cc68f9c4.jpg

All token errors seems to be a firewall problem on your server. Contact your provider and ask him to set to whitelist Prestashop's IP's. There are several services Prestashop use on back-office. If they are blocked, you will get this problems.

Your provider should check which IP's are running into blacklist on the server logs.

For the css-errors, check the permissions on your server. Each folder and sub-folder should have 0755 at least, all files should have chmod 0644.

Yes, sub-domains could be a problem with PS 1.7.3 - see here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/687248-prestashop-1730-cdn-sub-domain-error/