How to implement a mirror of my website ?

Alexenn

Hello everyone,

I'm here because I want to implement a mirror for my website, so I could make some changes on the mirror before applying this on the other.

So i managed to create a mirror folder in the root 'www' folder, and copy every root files and folders in the new mirror folder. I also did a copy of my database and changed the link in /config/settings.inc to the new db, and add the '/mirror' path to the physical_uri.

But even if I do that, I still have some problems, like my page not displayed correctly, there is just the header and footer which appear, or even some problems between admin interfaces.

So for those who managed to implement a mirror, how did you do that, and what configuration am I missing ?

Thanks.

Edited by Alexenn (see edit history)

2 more things are likely needed

1) delete the .htaccess file in the mirror folder.  This likely has references to the root folder and Prestashop needs to re-create

2) this one is more complicated, but in your database is a table ps_shop_url.  If will have the domain name and folder name.  Since the domain is the same, you can leave that alone, but the folder name you will need to add so it matches the name you created the mirror site in

Once that is done, try to log into the back office and then also confirm that the .htaccess file is re-created