XML products import

Hello there.

I search on internet for my problem.. but no result.

What I want to do: I have a special link from a vendor

(like this: https://vendordomain.com/product/language/705/ProductList.xml?USERNAME=myusername&PASSWORD=mypass

and I want a way to download the content (catalog with products, prices, descriprion..) and upload all products on my prestashop site.

How can I do that?
PS: if i put that link into browser and hit enter, I get this error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<h1>ACCESS DENIED</h1>

First of all, you must have some wrong credentials for the link, if it gives you the access denied error.

If it is an XML file, you cannot import it directly to Prestashop, you would need to use some module to import it or some script to read it and process into a CSV file that Prestashop is able to import. Much depends on the file format, does ithave fields that can be easily mapped to Prestashop fields, or does it require some additional processing.

First of all, you must have some wrong credentials for the link, if it gives you the access denied error.

If it is an XML file, you cannot import it directly to Prestashop, you would need to use some module to import it or some script to read it and process into a CSV file that Prestashop is able to import. Much depends on the file format, does ithave fields that can be easily mapped to Prestashop fields, or does it require some additional processing.

The link is an example, I remone my credentials.

Ok, but how can I read that? What software/module to use?

Then, I think I can convert into csv and upload to prestashop

And if I am not a programmer... how can i solve this?

Hello,

If you do not have any programming knowledge, I think that it will be a bit hard for you to figure out how to download the XML document and convert it to CSV so you can import these products to PrestaShop.

You can try to learn how to do that programmatically, as a script like that does not require advanced programming knowledge and you can find a lot of help on Google. Or you can find a developer that would make it for you.

In case you are not able to figure it out, just let us know, we are available to help you.

Best regards,

Web Development VIZO

Hello,

If you do not have any programming knowledge, I think that it will be a bit hard for you to figure out how to download the XML document and convert it to CSV so you can import these products to PrestaShop.

You can try to learn how to do that programmatically, as a script like that does not require advanced programming knowledge and you can find a lot of help on Google. Or you can find a developer that would make it for you.

In case you are not able to figure it out, just let us know, we are available to help you.

Best regards,

Web Development VIZO

So the only way to see the content is using a script.

No, you should be able to view the XML with no issues. Like Daresh told you before, if you are not being able to access it due to an "Access Denied" message, it means that you did not have permissions to view the document. I would double check the credentials and try again, and if the problem persists, contact whoever generates the XML document for you.

What you will need a script for, is to convert the XML document into a CSV, which then can be imported to PrestaShop.

Best regards,

Web Development VIZO

As Daresh already mentioned, it might be script or a module. If you are interested in the second option, you can check solution that supports XML import to PrestaShop without manual re-formatting into csv, like Store Manager for PrestaShop. It is paid, though, there is fully-functional 30-day version to cope with the task without any fees. 

No, you should be able to view the XML with no issues. Like Daresh told you before, if you are not being able to access it due to an "Access Denied" message, it means that you did not have permissions to view the document. 

Got it. I will send a message to my vendor first to see what is wrong 

As Daresh already mentioned, it might be script or a module. If you are interested in the second option, you can check solution that supports XML import to PrestaShop without manual re-formatting into csv, like Store Manager for PrestaShop. It is paid, though, there is fully-functional 30-day version to cope with the task without any fees. 

Hmm, I saw the video and I like what that program does. 

But I wonder... will work with ps 7? 

Also, it says "User-friendly Import/Export Wizard for categories and products" but can also import the prices ?

And I don`t saw the cost of the program.

Hmm, I saw the video and I like what that program does. 

But I wonder... will work with ps 7? 

Also, it says "User-friendly Import/Export Wizard for categories and products" but can also import the prices ?

And I don`t saw the cost of the program.

Thank you for your interest. Recently we have released Beta version of the app, supporting PrestaShop 1.7. If you are interested, you can contact us and we will provide you version for testing. 

Concerning import, the software uploads goods and product-related data - descriptions, prices, images, categories, combinations etc. 

As I have already mentioned, there is 30-day fully functional trial version you can use (no cc or paypal required).

If you decide to purchase the application we have 2 editions: Standard for $199 and PRO for $349 (both one-time payment for lifetime license). You can check the difference between the editions listed in this comparison table: 

https://www.prestashopmanager.com/order/