New Project: start with prestashop 1.6 or 1.7 ?

prestoh

Hello,

I'm starting a new store which hopefully will be in production by the end of February 2017..

The store is really small, it will start with only 2 products and raise to max 10.

I'd like to start with prestashop version 1.7.

The only problem I've seen is the lack of paypal, but I have already found a paid module.

I also have a 1.7 compatible theme.

Is 1.7 ready for production for such a small shop?

Thank you!

I think the latest version of PrestaShop 1.7.0.4 is a stable version, you can start from this version, it should not be problem.

We also provide paid commercial Paypal module - ready for 1.7x, which could be used in any country as long as the country has Paypal service.

The module has many other features like express checkout, recurring checkout and many more, you can see details here

I think the latest version of PrestaShop 1.7.0.4 is a stable version, you can start from this version, it should not be problem.

We also provide paid commercial Paypal module - ready for 1.7x, which could be used in any country as long as the country has Paypal service.

The module has many other features like express checkout, recurring checkout and many more, you can see details here

Yes I have installed v1.7.0.4

Will take a look at your module too, but the one I found is only 20 EUR.

I think that it is not worth to use 1.7.x currently.

in my opinion 1.7 is a crap and its not only mine opinion, read dev forums, almost all of developers here think the same as I.

a sad story, unfortunately.

ouch :/

the problem is that v1.6 will be supported till Oct 2018, and then there's no easy upgrade.

http://build.prestashop.com/news/prestashop-1-7-faq

Since I have succesfully installed a 1.7 version, I think I will make some tests and see how it works for me

By "crap" do you mean there are still serious bugs or stability problems?

Please keep in mind that my store will start with only 2 products and will grow to max 10

Thank you!

Hi,

I would not recommend to use 1.7 if you need support from the cummunity.

I'm still stick to 1.6 and I don't read 1.7  topics.  

1.7 is not stable yet in my opinion, so I don't want to loose time fixing bugs. 

i think exactly the same +1 to you my friend :-)

its great to see that community has also mixed feelings about ps 1.7

maybe this will point PS team the right direction in development process of future releases

• Like 1

I agree with most developers that 1.7 is not as mature as latest version of 1.6x. But I am not against to use it for a small shop like prestoh's one.

1.7 is really big pain to developers from prio-version compatibility, extensibility and other aspects. We should use it and report issues and problem to help prestashop team to go right direction.

Hi

I have been using Prestashop for quite a few years now mainly building stores for friends and colleagues for pocket money as a hobby. I have very recently built a store for myself (over christmas period). V1.7 was available but I opted to go with the V1.6.1.10 and a 'known' stable release' with lots of support available on these forums.

With such a few products there would be more reason to go with a 1.6+ version which continues to get support for another two years. When 1.7 is no longer in it's infancy and a proven version it would be very quick and easy to make a fresh install and re-load your products.

For now V1.1.6.10 is the way to go.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I would not work with version 1.7 today.

Many improvements are included, but I still see it green the 1.7 Prestashop (1.7.1 also)

Better to have a little patience and wait.

(It's just a personal opinion)

Sorry for my English,

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have used new version of prestashop 1.7.2.2 for my client project. I have to use 5 step standard checkout process. How can i enable it in 1.7.2.2. We have option named "Order Process" in previous version 1.6 to enable it.

Is this option removed from latest version?

If yes, How can i change one page checkout to 5 step checkout.?

Here is the topic link : https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/628709-enable-standard-5-step-checkout/?do=findComment&comment=2612144

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

1.7 is recommended. Prestashop 1.7.1 was released and it's stable

Thats is probably the worst recommendation I've seen.  PS v1.6 is the only stable production ready version.  PS v1.7 are for guinea pigs that would like to test the software for Prestashop for free.

Hi,

I have used new version of prestashop 1.7.2.2 for my client project. I have to use 5 step standard checkout process. How can i enable it in 1.7.2.2. We have option named "Order Process" in previous version 1.6 to enable it.

Is this option removed from latest version?

If yes, How can i change one page checkout to 5 step checkout.?

Here is the topic link : https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/628709-enable-standard-5-step-checkout/?do=findComment&comment=2612144

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

The old 5 page checkout process is gone and removed from PS v1.7.  Use PS v1.6

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...