[SOLVED]Apple Touch Icon for PS1.7

Hi all,

can somebody give me instruction on how integrate the "Apple Touch Icon" in my PS1.7 shop website?

I found some article about the topic suggesting to modify the hearer.tpl of the used theme but in the file I found a disclaimer reporting "Do not edit this file if you wish to update with newer version...".

So what shall I do to properly integrate an Apple Touch Icon?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Edited by SDeAstis (see edit history)

imilar to the Favicon, the Apple Touch Icon or apple-touch-icon.png is a file used for a web page icon on the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. When someone bookmarks your web page or adds your web page to their home screen this icon is used. If this file is not found these Apple products will use the screenshot of the web page, which often looks like no more than a white square.

This file should be saved as a .png, have dimensions of 57 x 57, and be stored in your home directory, unless the path is specified in the HTML using the below code.

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/custom_icon.png"/> 

When this file is used, by default, the Apple product will automatically give the icon rounded edges and a button-like appearance.z

for this purpose you can use free html box module that allows to add custom contents to header section.

1) install the module

2) select "header" as a position of code

3) paste the code to include apple touch icon to your header

4) save changes

attention

please note that image used in "href" param must be remotely accesible (so you have to upload it to your shop)

• 3 months later...