No buyer comments possible on PrestaShop Addons

jetx

Such a successor to Addons might also offer more interaction than the star ratings. This might be either a forum system – as we now see with modules offered on the forum or some possibility to comment.

This has been a bone of contention against Prestashop from day one. Looking at my list of Addon downloads (purchases) it is 26. And yet I am using only 9 of those addons. 

Buyers of modules should be able to comment as to the reason for their rating (eg as in google Play Store). 

I have mentioned this on numerous occasions and conclude that the company has no intention of bringing in such a system as it would reduce sales.

Edited by eleazar 
I moved this and the following posts into a new thread, after an overeager moderator deleted the whole discussion (off topic in the previous thread). (see edit history)
  • Like 1

as a buyer, you can see the reviews on the product page.

For example, my Braintree module has several reviews, check under the Testimonials section

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/8658-braintree.html

that's not reviews or comments but it's the testimonials part... when you click on the star rating.. it doesn't help to understand why there are 2 customers rating it with 1 star only your module and that is not helping for sales. In Fact you don't even know yourself why theses 2 customers give you the worst rating, it might be intelligent to let them talk and you can answer them and they might change their mind in your favor, or don't change it but visitors can understand who is in fault, developper or stupid customer.

it is a review/comment.  the purchaser of my module has both rated the module and provided comments about the module if they choose.  They are not required to provide a comment.

And Prestashop does allow me (the seller) to contact the customer/buyer when they leave a rating.