How much time does it on average take to customise the shop?

Hello,

I am an absolutely newbie in PrestaShop, just installed PrestaShop version 1.6.1.6

My webhoster provided that per 1-click.

Now I am wondering, how many days/weeks would it typically require to administrate the store.

It seems to me that it will take a couple of weeks and not days before I can release it to a public domain.

How to say it, the PrestaShop admin panel is as confusing as the PrestaShop online forum.

I seem to have a portfolio of issues, the starting point is the language:

Most of it is English, but some is German and Polish.

What are your experiences with it?

How much time did you spend to administrate the shop before you told family & friends about it?

It totally depends on the customization options you want for your store, number of products, number of categories and your ability to understand any new platform.

We suggest that you start looking for a theme first of all. 

The most time taking task while setting up a new store is adding categories and products. You should use the CSV import feature for adding products and categories to your PrestaShop store.

For a better understanding of PrestaShop you should refer to the documentation at following link:

Maybe you can tell me how much time, you needed for your shops.

We purchase template according to our requirement and than install it on latest PrestaShop version. it take arround 15-20 hour because it was my first PrestaShop project. then i add 6-8 category and around 20 product over there and other final touch to design according to my requirement and make it suitable with my logo color, take other 10-12 hours.

so it depends on how you design shop using theme or going to make by your self.also depends on number of products.

Thanks.

to set the store, about 1night =) to add products and so on... depends on you database.. :) can take 1day, can take 1 week.. can take half year and more... i had a base in excel.. to prepare it took me about 1week.. now i have about 2000 products and 50000 combinations (clothing shop) if you would add every signle product on back office it would take ages... :D so please prepare .csv file and use import 

• 2 weeks later...

It took me just 2 weeks to setup everything but got stuck on PayPal because there is an error with prestashop engine. I am not sure if prestashop can process PayPal with or without ssl on the website. I still haven't got this issue resolved till this day.