Prestashop 1.7.0.4 faceted search dropdowns

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Do you know what I should do to make the Features, that I have given products, to show up in the Faceted Search module on the category page. Only the price is showing right now. 

Is there an option to show / not show Features here? The features show up on the product page. 

Thanks/

Magnus

Hi guys!

Do you know what I should do to make the Features, that I have given products, to show up in the Faceted Search module on the category page. Only the price is showing right now. 

Is there an option to show / not show Features here? The features show up on the product page. 

Thanks/

Magnus

Inside the template configuration in the module you should be able to enable/disable each feature separately as in the attachment.

post-296558-0-49347200-1486574581_thumb.png

It isnt working... using prestashop 1.7.0.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tired to find bugs everywhere!!!! So i wanted to try with tags.. but there is NO TAG CLOUD in prestashop 1.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you must have some configuration problem because it seems to work for everyone else. 

I attached a tag cloud module for 1.7 here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/590651-tag-cloud-for-prestashop-17x/?p=2505956 

• 5 months later...

Thanks bro!

The problem was that i only tried with filets on 1 product. The filter felt no reason to show filters. When i added features to more products the Faceted search started working correctly.

Cheers!

Yah but that is still a bug. It's faceted search not product comparison. There shouldn't have to be 2 or more products. Just throwing my $0.02 out there.

Yah but that is still a bug. It's faceted search not product comparison. There shouldn't have to be 2 or more products. Just throwing my $0.02 out there.

Imho, it doesn't make sense to apply filters on 1 single product, when the available filters are the union of the features/combinations of the products in the current category. All the visible filters would apply to the single product. Again, just my point of view.

Thanks for reeling me in.  Yes I will add that it is highly unlikely that a merchant would have only one item in a category that has configured features.  So it doesn't have any real world production effects. It does have effect on the developer who is trying to configure his filters and not seeing any show up.  The issue isn't documented so one could run in circles for hours (i only wasted one ;-) ) trying to find the issue.  So I will document it here.

DO NOT expect to see your filters work unless you add at least two (2) features and values to two (2) products within the same category you are creating the filter template for. 2 features for 2 different products is the answer.  As you add additional features make sure they also belong to at least two (2) products within the category, or those additional feature filters won't show up either. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question connected with faceted search.

It seems that search works using OR (when you select more than one feature)

so when you select features A and B it searches (product has a feature A) OR (product has a feature B )

Is it possible to switch it to AND ? So have (product has a feature A) AND (product has a feature B )

we use multi-feature module

• 5 months later...
On 14.08.2017 at 10:31 PM, A-Z Hosting said:

Thanks for reeling me in.  Yes I will add that it is highly unlikely that a merchant would have only one item in a category that has configured features.  So it doesn't have any real world production effects. It does have effect on the developer who is trying to configure his filters and not seeing any show up.  The issue isn't documented so one could run in circles for hours (i only wasted one ;-) ) trying to find the issue.  So I will document it here.

DO NOT expect to see your filters work unless you add at least two (2) features and values to two (2) products within the same category you are creating the filter template for. 2 features for 2 different products is the answer.  As you add additional features make sure they also belong to at least two (2) products within the category, or those additional feature filters won't show up either. 

If you want to have visible features even if they only in one product, then you need to modify /modules/ps_facetedsearch/src/Ps_FacetedsearchProductSearchProvider.php:

In line 288:

$facet->setDisplayed(
                $usefulFiltersCount > 1
            );

You needs to change 1 to 0:

$facet->setDisplayed(
                $usefulFiltersCount > 0
            );

@w3bsolutions And I think this is bug and it should show features even if they exist only in one product. For example, if I have 100 products in one category,  and only one of them has feature color: green all other transparent. And I don't want in 99 product add transparent color, I want only add one green color feature, then it will not be visible in features list. Maybe it is not the best example but it often happens that products have only one feature.
And I found one more bug, it does not show features not only when it in one product. It doesn't show features if they have in all products the same value.

Edited by Yuriy (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Can someone tell me how can I make the layered module on the left side of my category page to be active by default ? 

When an user come for the first time on the category page to see the filters on the left side without having to press Show Filters.

I having a hard times with this and I don't know how to fix it. The filters are there, working but are hidden.