[SOLVED] "Premature end of data in tag badges line 1 in country_module_list.xml file" Error

thesigfan

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I believe these xml files are auto-updated by Prestashop servers.  I have tried clearing my browser cache, as well as the cache in my back-office, to no avail.  I also tried deleting the below-mentioned xml files, only for them to be regenerated automatically, causing the same errors.  Any other solutions?  These are the errors I'm getting at the moment:

8 errors

1. Error found : StartTag: invalid element name in country_module_list.xml file.
  2. Error found : Premature end of data in tag badges line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  3. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  4. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  5. Error found : CData section not finished Allow the purchase of combinations of products wit in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  6. Error found : Premature end of data in tag additional_description line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  7. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  8. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.

I'm on 1.6.1.10 and using the latest Firefox browser.

Thanks so much guys and gals!!

Update: 18JAN2017:

Looks like the XML files being automatically downloaded from PrestaShop servers were not valid XML, but it appears that the issues have been resolved as I am no longer getting errors after clearing my cache.

Edited by thesigfan (see edit history)

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I believe these xml files are auto-updated by Prestashop servers.  I have tried clearing my browser cache, as well as the cache in my back-office, to no avail.  I also tried deleting the below-mentioned xml files, only for them to be regenerated automatically, causing the same errors.  Any other solutions?  These are the errors I'm getting at the moment:

8 errors

1. Error found : StartTag: invalid element name in country_module_list.xml file.
  2. Error found : Premature end of data in tag badges line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  3. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  4. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
  5. Error found : CData section not finished Allow the purchase of combinations of products wit in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  6. Error found : Premature end of data in tag additional_description line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  7. Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.
  8. Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in must_have_module_list.xml file.

I'm on 1.6.1.10 and using the latest Firefox browser.

Thanks so much guys and gals!!

Removing these files in /config/xml should fix the issue :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much idnovate, but I tried that and the files were just regenerated upon clearing the cache in my BO, and then the errors reappeared. It looks like the files that are coming from the PrestaShop.com servers are not valid XML..

I WAS able to disable my back office from pulling anything from PS servers (in Tools.php>>addons), but I would rather not have to do that if someone has a better fix (although not receiving ads is pretty nice :-)). Maybe by now the files coming from PS are valid XML? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks again everyone!!

Thanks so much idnovate, but I tried that and the files were just regenerated upon clearing the cache in my BO, and then the errors reappeared. It looks like the files that are coming from the PrestaShop.com servers are not valid XML..

I WAS able to disable my back office from pulling anything from PS servers (in Tools.php>>addons), but I would rather not have to do that if someone has a better fix (although not receiving ads is pretty nice :-)). Maybe by now the files coming from PS are valid XML? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks again everyone!!

Maybe you are right, lastly there are some threads with the same problem :huh:

Thanks idnovate...

When I had the issue originally I tried poking around for other threads with similar issues but couldn't find anything, but I figured for sure that I wasn't the only one having the issues.  It appears that all is good now though (as others are probably saying as well)--looks like those XML files are coming through and not causing errors, so I'm going to mark this as solved.  Thanks again!!

• 3 months later...

Thanks again everyone!!

could you please explain more how to do this ? (in Tools.php>>addons) 

i got same problem and still stucking over there

• 1 year later...

Got the same error today with PS 1.7.3.3, then I disabled addons update and deleted the xml file. Now it works

protected static $is_addons_up = FALSE;
    public static function addonsRequest($request, $params = array())
    {
        return false;
        if (!self::$is_addons_up) {
            return false;

3 minutes ago, moyocoto said:

I´m experiecing this problem.

But I´m unable to log in in order to clear the Cache. Can someone help

Thanks

Delete these files. Prestashop will create these files again (Only if addons sever is working). Today addons server is performance is horrible. 

We got this error on an Prestashop 1.6.1.10:

Error found : Premature end of data in tag module line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.
 Error found : Premature end of data in tag modules line 1 in country_module_list.xml file.

The fix:

I had cleared the cache from admin shop.

Edited by rl_lucian (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...