Failed to upgrade from 1.7.0.1 to 1.7.0.4 with 1-Click Upgrade

I have a store in version 1.7.0.1 with the default theme and I'm trying to update it to the latest version right now, 1.7.0.4. I've tried to update it with 1-Click Upgrade 2.0.2 which is the latest version of the plugin and it always gives me the same error.

I would need some help on how to update it manually or automatically.

My 1-Click Upgrade plugin configuration is the default:

I did a manual upgrade from 1.7.0.3 to 1.7.0.4.  I sortof followed the manual upgrade instructions that they recommend not to do.

My live store was 1.7.0.3 and I wanted a working test copy.

Sometimes in the past, I've had some hiccups with the 1-click upgrade module - sometimes it goes well.

1) I downloaded, unzipped and installed 1.7.0.4 and then check it worked OK, into a sub directory called /2.  (BTW I created a new blank database).

2) Next I copied my backuped /img, /modules, /themes (no changes in /mail, /upload, /download or /classes) directories into the new install.

3) Then using PhpMyAdmin, I imported my backup database.  (Because it has a different prefix, it was imported next to the original - I could have just installed 1.7.0.4 with the same prefix as the backup, but wanted a fallback option).

4) The only change here (using PhpMyAdmin) was the 'shop_url' table, where I altered the 'physical_uri' to '/2/' (the name of my sub directory).

5) Then I changed the installed file /app/config/parameter and changed the db_prefix to my new database import.

6) I didn't bother with upgrade script (was supposed to visit http://mydomain.com/2/install/upgrade/upgrade.php), but I decided to manually press the upgrade button next to each module - looking back, it would have better to use the script.

7) Then for some unknown reason I had to re-hook my custom modules: Using Design > Positions, I transplanted each custom module to the relevant hook.

8) All seem to function OK.

This was more like duplicate, but you should be able to use similar steps to upgrade your store.  Perhaps do the above and if it works, delete then copy these file into your root (or wherever your live site exists).  Always have a backup!

If want to reference the Prestashop doc: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Manual+update

Remember the reference instructions are old and not recommended

Edited by Matt_ (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi,

Please could you help...

Today we pressed the 1-click upgrade button for the most recent version of PrestaShop and confirmation was received that the upgrade was successful.

Unfortunately now we can NOT access our site, neither the front or back end.

Front end says...

Maintenance mode

In order to perform website maintenance, our online store will be temporarily offline. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you please try again later.

Back/Admin end we are unable to login. I enter our details login details and the screen instantly refreshes and all boxes are blank.

Please can anyone offer any suggestions?

Much appreciated

Hi,

Please could you help...

Today we pressed the 1-click upgrade button for the most recent version of PrestaShop and confirmation was received that the upgrade was successful.

Unfortunately now we can NOT access our site, neither the front or back end.

Front end says...

Maintenance mode

In order to perform website maintenance, our online store will be temporarily offline. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you please try again later.

Back/Admin end we are unable to login. I enter our details login details and the screen instantly refreshes and all boxes are blank.

Please can anyone offer any suggestions?

Much appreciated

Enabling:

• On your server, open the /config/defines.inc.php file.
  • Find this line: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
  • In this line, change "true" to "false".
  • Save your changes.