Database Cleaner for Prestashop 1.7

I would like to clear all the demo data and be able to create a new clean shop with the item ID's starting from 1.  The documentation says it installs the demo data, other threads talks about a database cleaner module (which I cannot find either installed or to install for 1.7).

Can anyone help?  What am I missing??

TIA

-D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Couldn't agree more. All this excitement about 1.7 and can't clean the database. UI looks fantastic though. I don't see 1.7 as a release yet... In my opinion, it's still a RC in beta. Stick with 1.6 at least for the next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 this. I need to clean the shop I am developing right now. I can't understand how can be released a new Prestashop version without this so necessary feature.

Did you checked modules? ...

Hi Vilius,

I have checked the Prestashop official catalogue and I haven't seen anything about this.

Finally I'm going to use the Vekia's one: https://mypresta.eu/modules/administration-tools/database-optimization.html

If you know where to find the Database cleaner module for Prestashop 1.7, please, let me know.

Edited by labox (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NOTE: Cleaner may seem to work perfectly until you start having strange behaviors like ghost product adds.  Over years in forum we have seen 'many' issues related to previous 'cleaner' and I don't recommend using them.  my two cents...getting a blog on my shop so I don't have to write this 1,000,000 times.  el

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2017-09-17 at 7:19 PM, El Patron said:

NOTE: Cleaner may seem to work perfectly until you start having strange behaviors like ghost product adds.  Over years in forum we have seen 'many' issues related to previous 'cleaner' and I don't recommend using them.  my two cents...getting a blog on my shop so I don't have to write this 1,000,000 times.  el

I have tested to use the PS Cleaner on two different Prestashops now, the first time it went bad (do not remember why), but I thought that maybe there was just "bad luck". The second time I developed a big Prestashop, made an import with 265.000 products, only to notice a little issue and I needed to either start all over or get rid of the products somehow.... Finally I thought I would test the Cleaner again (on PS v1.7.4) - but also this time it went straight to h*ll. 

After running the Cleaner to get rid of all products, all modules below the product description went missing, though they were hooked alright etc, and in debug mode I got a lot of strange errors. I just had to start all over again, with a fresh, clean install... 

This was the last time I ran the awful Cleaner. I really hope the Prestashop crew could develop a cleaner that actually work as it should. That can't be too hard.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hstrom said:

I have tested to use the PS Cleaner on two different Prestashops now, the first time it went bad (do not remember why), but I thought that maybe there was just "bad luck". The second time I developed a big Prestashop, made an import with 265.000 products, only to notice a little issue and I needed to either start all over or get rid of the products somehow.... Finally I thought I would test the Cleaner again (on PS v1.7.4) - but also this time it went straight to h*ll. 

After running the Cleaner to get rid of all products, all modules below the product description went missing, though they were hooked alright etc, and in debug mode I got a lot of strange errors. I just had to start all over again, with a fresh, clean install... 

This was the last time I ran the awful Cleaner. I really hope the Prestashop crew could develop a cleaner that actually work as it should. That can't be too hard.

I recommend just canceling all test orders, disable test customers....disable demo products/cats...and just build your new shop from there.  

Once people started promoting their 'cleaner solutions' we saw spike of very ugly cart issues that would require someone with a lot of experience to fix.  PS needs to vet their module eco in that just because someone has idea it may not be good idea and the developers that created it are just selling on an idea that is really just voodoo.  cache modules (all of them) are right up there for destroying shops....redirect to another domain based on IP country...way to kill your seo.....all terribly barbaric 

el

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have also the same issue with my side. The documentation will say install the demo data, but others are same that the database clear whats that please help me also.