Changing Directory after Installation

I've recently installed PrestaShop in a directory called /presta. I now wish to move the store to the main directory / so that the store can be accessed just by going to my home directory, e.g. www.mydomain.com.

I have tried changing the directory within prestashop but it doesn't find everything. Can anybody tell me how to move the whole to my home directory please. :question:

Thanks
Steve

• 1 year later...

This has not worked for me. My admin moved my files from root to a /prestashop/ folder

I regenerated the .htaccess and rewrite rules

I updated the config

Anything else?

(This might be an issue with mod_rewrite, which seems to not be honoring the rewrite rules.. but I want to cover my bases and make sure I'm not missing some config on the presta side.

php says mod_rewrite is loaded, so I can't imagine WHY the rules would fail).

• 2 weeks later...

In this case it was an mod_rewrite issue. My admin was able to configure the server properly.

Oddly enough php reports mod_rewrite active even if it isn't configured to do anything. I don't recall if it was an apache or a php setting.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Don't want to create the same topic, but in my case it is 1.7.7.0. Just wanted to move the Prestashop from one folder on the server to another. So after I moved it - now I'm getting the Error 500. I went ahead and in the database corrected the table ps_shop_url to reflect the updated path in the PHYSICAL URI. Didn't help. I also deleted the VAR/Cache folder. Didn't help.

Any other suggestions? :) What else needs to be updated?