[Module] Menu Horizontal v2.6 (Free !)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends and fans of professional e-commerce. It is with great pleasure that I put to you my most popular module: Horizontal Menu V2.6 Thank you not alter the original link even if you offer on

Hi otithess, how about check this:

Hi guys!   Please make sure the file you are attempting to upload is renamed 'jbx_menu' and not the long zip file name. Also, make sure you are ONLY uploading the file folder with the module in it.

Posted Images

Great module, thanks!

I have a problem on my layout where I have removed the left column. If I dont change anything the menu will start at the very left of the page. If I change the hook of your module to use "home" instead of "top" it is placed on the correct posistion but the images of the menu has disappeared. Only images that still works is the hover image. What might be the problem?

I have attached a sample.

EDIT: This was solved by not editing your module but instead mix a little with the placement until I got this right. If I dont change the hook (which was done wrong) it works fine.

Regards
/Rolf

26631_fGJUgU4UtkRsp1i6OCOK_t

Try changing the following code on lines 95-98 of modules/jbx_menu/superfish-modified.css:

.sf-menu li:hover, .sf-menu li.sfHover, .sf-menu li.sfHoverForce,
.sf-menu a:focus, .sf-menu a:hover, .sf-menu a:active {
   background: transparent url(../gfx/menu/hover.png) no-repeat -7px;
}

Change it to just background: transparent

Hi thanks for the great module.

Is there anyway to make the first level of the menu using images?

I have tried adding a custom CSS id for each menuitem and styled it with a background image, but it seems that I can't create the hover effect.

Guys i have problem with this. I have unziped this into prestashop/modules directory, but i cant find it in back office >> modules :/ Any help, please?

@evilnick
Have you tried something like this

#menucssid a:hover {background:url("image url")}

@dusho
Make sure that path is ../modules/jbx_menu and not ../modules/jbx_menu_2_6_4/jbx_menu
Then it should be in section Julien Breux Developpement with name Menu 2.6.4.
And options to configure menu are at top next to Modules / Position , just below Customers tab.

I must be missing something... I had the path exactly same as u said, but as i enter Back office >> modules, i cant see anything there, only sub-directory "positions". There is no list, nothing, only option is to go to positions. Btw its fresh installation of Prestashop.

Probably there is error in some module and that is way you don't see list of modules .

Try to temporally to turn on debug mode from config/config.inc.php

/* Debug only */
@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

and if there are any errors, post them.

I did as u said and here's result: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 393216 bytes) in C:\Program Files\VertrigoServ\www\prestashop\classes\Module.php(323) : eval()'d code on line 354

• 2 weeks later...

Hi wondering if someone could me me, i have installed this module and ti was working but then it stopped working for some reason like i had background color and hover colour but its all disappeared and then when i try to change the settings via the module backend none of it will change except the Search Bar if i put yes for search bar that works but the color picker when i choose different colors nothing happens hope some1 can help me url is:

http://www.more4beauty.co.uk

If you would like Admin panel to take a look then i will send in PM

Regards,
Aaron

Recently i added and styled this module and everything was good. I used it to show my sites text information menu: about us, contacts and etc. Bu after adding another menu module, know i can't see jbd menu, so what could be the reason?

link won't help, because none of the html code are printed where menu should be, but module is installed and switched on. If i would delete module, and install one more time, nothing bad going to happen?

Hi all,

Help needed... I would like to style this module more! In the sense of the drop down links, I would like them to be styled different size, color etc. from the main links.

Someone help me please!

Hi all,

Help needed... I would like to style this module more! In the sense of the drop down links, I would like them to be styled different size, color etc. from the main links.

Someone help me please!

Hi, could you send me link to site please so i can take a look then give you the css code to look for

Regards,
Aaron

Hi all,

Someone help me please!

Hi, could you send me link to site please so i can take a look then give you the css code to look for

Regards,
Aaron

Hi Aaron,

The address is , when you hove over MEN'S for instance the sub categories have the same CSS attributes. I would like them to be a different style! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

could you created me an admin account? and then send me details via pm so i can look please if you are using the horizontal menu.

Thanks
Aaron

This is the title of the module within the back-end Top horizontal menu v1.3

Ok here goes :)

login to your FTP, and go to modules/jbx_menu/css and edit superfish-modified.css

and find this css code:

.sf-menu ul li:hover, .sf-menu ul li.sfHover, .sf-menu ul li a:focus, .sf-menu ul li a:hover, .sf-menu ul li a:active {
-moz-background-clip:border;
-moz-background-origin:padding;
-moz-background-size:auto auto;
background-attachment:scroll;
background-color:#FFFFFF;
background-image:none;
background-position:0 0;
background-repeat:repeat;
outline-color:-moz-use-text-color;
outline-style:none;
outline-width:0;
}

and add color: #FF9900; before the closing }

because if you add font-size:12px; to the code above it will only change on hover

for the color you cant really do it lol, because the menu has one class inless you look in the drop down code and add a class and then add the class in the css for example

.size {
font-size:12px;

}

Would you know where I could add this second class... as I want the cover of the sub menus to be font size 12px and colour #FF9900 without any hover effect!

Thanks for you help!

• 2 weeks later...

i have problem with this module
there is no configue shows up in the back office see the photos attached. and only the link to your website home page as the photo "manu"

28158_XmUWZFohy4xtqs4JQenj_t

Hello guys! This is a excellent module for me :) But one thing i want to know..

How to change width? I want to make my page a little wider. From 980 px to 1100 px
global.cc is modified to new values, but i don't know how tweak this module...

superfish-modified.css ?

}
.sf-menu {
float: left;
width: 960px;   TO 1100px DON'T WORK
line-height:    1.2;

Maybe someone can help me out.

Cheers! :-)

Hello guys! This is a excellent module for me :) But one thing i want to know..

How to change width? I want to make my page a little wider. From 980 px to 1100 px
global.cc is modified to new values, but i don't know how tweak this module...

superfish-modified.css ?

}
.sf-menu {
float: left;
width: 960px;   TO 1100px DON'T WORK
line-height:    1.2;

Maybe someone can help me out.

Cheers! :-)

Hi yes to change the width of the module you need to edit the superfish-modified.css

if you need any help send me a pm and i will take a look if i have ftp etc details

Regards,
Aaron

Hi. This is great module, thanks Julien very much for sharing. However I come across one issue. Im using this module for prestashop 1.3.1.1. On localhost it works ok but when i copy and install the module on subdomain e.g. something.mydomain.com and turn on the friendly URL, images are not visible and paths point to 404 error. If I uninstall the module then, friendly URL are not working anymore :-( DB corrupted? Does anyone use this module on 1.3.1.1 with friendly URL working? Maybe it works on root domain only and not subdomains?

edit - it was hosting issue .htaccess was not allowed for subdomains

Hello,

I want to use this top menu but also the original prestashop vertical menu. But I have one problem:

The categories are all under home and I have to deactivate them that they will be not shown in the
vertical menu. But when I deactivate a categorie and klick on the top menu on it, then i get the message that this kategorie isnt available in the moment.

What i can do, that the categories will be not shown in the vertikal menu but i can use it in the top menu?

daylight

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The module itself works like a charm, but I have this problem that the drop-down menu folds out behind my editorial module/sliding image. See attached.

Does anyone know how to fix this/what codes to change?

30204_MdUJ5t4fooM5gUgyOkqq_t

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

The module itself works like a charm, but I have this problem that the drop-down menu folds out behind my editorial module/sliding image. See attached.

Does anyone know how to fix this/what codes to change?

Likely this is caused by the z-index of your slideshow. Try looking in your global.css file for that ID and adjust the jbx module in BO for "Index Layer" to something higher.

Hi Julien,

Thanks for that mod - I love it;)
's functions are all running;)

Only one concern: after installation there is a "notice" shown at the top of the page like:
Notice: Undefined variable: title in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/prestashop131/modules/jbx_menu/menu.class.php on line 265

What can I do to solve this, do you have an idea?

Hi,
I just installed Julien Breux menu 2.6.4 on my Prestashop and it works perfect. hats off to Julien Breux.
I've a little problem with the menu.

i.e. I'm not getting the right hand side rounded corners of the menu container as you can see in the attached image.
I'm using a third party theme.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Problem solved. please refer here

30823_3Iz9vBnj01YZGhYx72pZ_t

It is about background graphics size it is 966 x 33px (jbx_menu/gfx/menu/menu.gif) so you can try to re-size it to 896px or 890 px as that is width of your menu is 890px.

Hello,
this great module has always gone well with the version 1.3.1.
I upgraded to version 1.3.2.3 and no longer works AutoComplete. Reply me as "undefined"
Help me please
thanks

I have same problem on 1.3.2

Unfortunately, the problem is of the module:
This is the code of the old search (1.3.1) that did work well JBX (line 11-12)

echo $product['id_product'].'|'.$product['pname'].'|'.$product['cname'].'|'.$link->getProductLink($product['id_product'], $product['prewrite'], $product['crewrite'])."\n";
   die;

This new search code (ver 1.3.2) which has been problems in JBX

$product['product_link'] = $link->getProductLink($product['id_product'], $product['prewrite'], $product['crewrite']);
   die(json_encode($searchResults));

More I can not do, (I'm not a programmer)

Hello and Good Morning !!

Sorry to say my French as a good as my Cooking !! so Although I am trying tofind out where too and what to do.

I just can not find the download link - please can some one help.

Thank you.

Ian

I would like to thank for the menu. It's so great to be able to get gems like this for free. Now days everything seems to be about money, people charge for everything, modules, themes and even help sometimes. I guess there is reasons for it, but still.. So its again very appreciated to get modules like this good for free.
Anyway, no more ranting. :) Instead a question.
Has anyone been able to center the links so they instead of start from left works from center and gets wider for each link you add?
I tried in 1.3 and gave up, when i saw all options on this i thought maybe it can be done easier, but i cant see how that can be done.

Thanks again.

Best regards
Peter

Hi! Thanks for a great module, I just wonder how do I change the background-image height. Do I have to add something to options.php because I do not get it right when I change it in the superfish-modified.css. Best regards Sebastian

Edit: Found it!

I cannot download this from megaupload, I get error message saying

We have detected an elevated number of requests from your IP address.
This may be caused by improperly designed third-party software.
A temporary access restriction is in place. Please check back in 6 minutes or log in using your premium account.

I have tried waiting and get the error again but with a different time.

Any ideas, is there a mirror for this? I'm using Firefox.

Gary

Hi,

I've a problem with this module whenever i use IE, The drop-down menu folds out behind my editorial module/sliding image. Also the main menu items are not aligned properly. Please see the attached. This happens only IE 6- 8v but it works perfectly fine in firefox and chrome.

Can anyone help me to over come this problem?

32030_guCtuHR3ileRwJHuDxrQ_t

I created a menu module like this but with a different approach cause of the way it slows down sites a bit and styles can get a bit out of hand with it. I looked at some of the problems with this module along with requests people would like to see in a menu to create a module that would be more simple and straight forward.

I don't want to post the link as is it up to anyone to search if they want to buy it (global utility menu), abd I know people are unsure about buying modules for this purpose but it is why I made it. Consider it if your not comfortable with this module entirely and are prepared to buy it by searching for gum (global utility menu) but if this suits your store fine stick with what you know.

Just thought the extra option would be helpful to people who want it, Thanks.

@Duleepa Lakmal

To fix IE errors try this.
In menu options set Vertical alignment of tabs to 0px and if that doesn't fixed change in superfish-modified.css line 7 to this

.sf-menu span {
vertical-align:0 !important;
}

And for other problem add z-index:100;

.sf-menu, .sf-menu * {
list-style:none outside none;
margin:0;
padding:0;
z-index:100;
}

superf...ied.css (line 2)

@Sebastiann I've not got a chance to check my site on IE 9v but I had this problem in IE6, IE7 & IE8. anyway thank you for the reply.

@Razzro, Thank you very much for your kind help as usual. I did what you asked me to do and it solved the problem. after fixing this I've another problem which is unique to IE. Again my Menu Background image is truncated. does it mean that I've to edit the image again? currently it's 890px width and it works fine in other browsers. earlier that means before I fix the problem, it worked fine.

you can compare my previous attachment and this attachemt.

32054_OFlPrT09eBoy37ilKdae_t

Hi guys I'm sorry for bother you again.

Modification:

I was managed to show "Search.." text in search text box which is on the menu. I would like this text to be blank out when the user sets the focus the search text box and again set the text value back if the text box is empty at lost focus.
Is this something difficult to do? if yes, I don't want to waist anyone's time here. if it's something that can be easily archived please help me to do that.

Thanks in advance!

It seams menu.gif turned back to original so re-size both menu.gif and menu_orig.gif like before.

And for search text try this code from this forum search

<input type="textbox" onfocus="js:this.value=='Search...'?this.value='':'';" autocomplete="off" value="Search..." class="search ac_input" id="search_query_menu" name="search_query">

Replace js with javascript in this code

Code is in menu.tpl.

Hi Razaro,

Thank you again for your support.

I replaced the menu.gif with 890x30 from my back up copy. then I clear the cache too. But still I'm having the same problem. do I have to replace menu_orig.gif too? earlier also it was 966x30

Regarding the search modification. now when the user sets the focus it blanks out the "Search..." text but it does not bring back the value at Lost focus if the textbox value is empty.

Don't know what is with menu.gif it is still 933px.

And for Search.. add onblur event.
Replace two appearancess of js with javascript

<input type="textbox" onblur="js:this.value==''?this.value='Search...':'';" onfocus="js:this.value=='Search...'?this.value='':'';" autocomplete="off" value="Search..." class="search ac_input" id="search_query_menu" name="search_query">