Multiple zip code ranges per county in tax rules?

JokeMan

So... I apologize if this is a widely known thing, but I have scoured the prestashop documentation as well as various Internet resources about this and have come up with bupkiss.  The issue is that I am trying to resolve is the problem of entering multiple zip codes per county.  I have each county's sales tax rate entered in the tax tab and when I go to enter tax rules into the state, I can only enter in one range per county.  Now, I realize I could just enter county 1, county 2, etc. to alleviate this, but to be honest, I have so many individual ranges that this would be counterintuitive.  Is there perhaps a method of entering in multiple zip codes per tax rule instead of just a single range?  Could I put semicolons or commas or something like maybe: "xxxxx-xxxxx; xxxxx; xxxxx-xxxxx"? 

• Like 2

So... I apologize if this is a widely known thing, but I have scoured the prestashop documentation as well as various Internet resources about this and have come up with bupkiss.  The issue is that I am trying to resolve is the problem of entering multiple zip codes per county.  I have each county's sales tax rate entered in the tax tab and when I go to enter tax rules into the state, I can only enter in one range per county.  Now, I realize I could just enter county 1, county 2, etc. to alleviate this, but to be honest, I have so many individual ranges that this would be counterintuitive.  Is there perhaps a method of entering in multiple zip codes per tax rule instead of just a single range?  Could I put semicolons or commas or something like maybe: "xxxxx-xxxxx; xxxxx; xxxxx-xxxxx"? 

Is this what you need? https://addons.prestashop.com/en/prestashop-modules/24975-multiple-zip-code-validation.html

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello JokeMan !

Did you manage to find a solution for your problem ?

I'm having the same issue and if you found a fix you'll be my savior and probably the savior of many users !  :wub:

Thanks in advance !

• 1 month later...

Hi. I hope this helps. I figured out a way to add multiple ranges for the taxes. 

For example I am located in florida. There is a 6% tax for the state and a 1.5% surtax in my specific county = 7.5%

So I made a new tax (1.5%) as seen here: post-383927-0-47141500-1499954172_thumb.jpg and named it the same as the 1st florida tax (6%) + surtax (1.5%) as seen here: post-383927-0-59981400-1499954173_thumb.jpg and here .

So there are 2 taxes now - Florida - (6%) and Florida + Surtax (1.5%)

*If you have multiple counties that you operate out of, then you will need to make a surtax for each one. (Don't have a way of getting around this, I only have one shop) Ex. Florida (6%), (county) surtax (1.5%), (county 2) surtax (0.5%), etc.

Next I went to tax rules and selected the florida tax (6%) and configured it as seen here: post-383927-0-59981400-1499954173_thumb.jpg. I then renamed it so I would know that the new florida sales tax also has a surtax added for specific zipcodes as seen here: post-383927-0-10447900-1499954171_thumb.jpg

The configuration is as follows (first set everything to combine then change the state tax back to "this tax only")

Florida - do not enter zipcodes - combine- 6%

Florida - zipcode range - combine - 1.5% (surtax)

Florida - new zipcode that is not in the range - combine - 1.5% (surtax)

Florida - different zipcode that might be a different range- combine - 1.5% (surtax)

Finally change the first Florida (the state tax that applies to the entire state) to "this tax only"

As follows:

Florida - do not enter zipcodes - this tax only - 6%

Florida - zipcode range - combine - 1.5% (surtax)

Florida - new zipcode that is not in the range - combine - 1.5% (surtax)

Florida - different zipcode that might be a different range- combine - 1.5% (surtax)

Done!

post-383927-0-29989700-1499954174_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 1/10/2017 at 11:17 PM, JokeMan said:

So... I apologize if this is a widely known thing, but I have scoured the prestashop documentation as well as various Internet resources about this and have come up with bupkiss. The issue is that I am trying to resolve is the problem of entering multiple zip codes per county. I have each county's sales tax rate entered in the tax tab and when I go to enter tax rules into the state, I can only enter in one range per county. Now, I realize I could just enter county 1, county 2, etc. to alleviate this, but to be honest, I have so many individual ranges that this would be counterintuitive. Is there perhaps a method of entering in multiple zip codes per tax rule instead of just a single range? Could I put semicolons or commas or something like maybe: "xxxxx-xxxxx; xxxxx; xxxxx-xxxxx"?

Where you able to sort this out?

I also need to do something like this, and I don't want to add another "country" and no new "state" select box to my checkout.

So in one country, I need to do the following:

Range: 0000-5000 use tax 25%

Range: 5001-5010 use tax: 0%

Range: 5011-9999 use tax 25%

Anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Edited by Gomlers (see edit history)