When I enter modules and services I Got Error 500.

vvucic

Hello, Is this message significant to you.

filemtime(): stat failed for /home/ruze/public_html/admin081mnd842/themes/new-theme/css/admin-theme.css Context: { "name": "E_WARNING", "type":2,"file": "/home/ruze/public_html/classes/controller/AdminController.php", "line":427,"level":28928,"scream":true}

The internal server error appeared after attempting to install one module.

Thanks

Edited by vvucic (see edit history)

Is this message is from browser debugger tool, usually css file should not cause 500 internal server error.

Or you can check line 427 of mentioned file AdminController.php see to what it is, it may give you some hints.

Or you may need to contact the author of the module for help since you said the issue happens when you install a module.

• 4 months later...

I know i will reopen this topic but there is no answer to it and i got the same error except it's not the same line. 

filemtime(): stat failed for /home/surmesure/public_html/Prestashop/admin684ax9spx/themes/new-theme/css/admin-theme.cssContext: { "name": "E_WARNING", "type":2,"file": "/home/surmesure/public_html/Prestashop/classes/controller/AdminController.php", "line":435,"level":28928,"scream":true}

filemtime(): stat failed for /home/surmesure/public_html/Prestashop/admin684ax9spx/themes/new-theme/css/admin-theme.css

From the error message, it seems related to file permission.

The error occurred when PrestaShop tries to get the updated time of above file.

Either the file permission issue - please contact your hosting support to see if they can help.

Other it could be the file was locked somehow, you can try to make a copy of the file, and then delete it, then restore the file to see if it changes.

I called them for many things about that this week and it seems they can't do anything to help me. I tried to delete an restore the file but nothing changed. I really need to install more module on my website and right now it's not possible. Something weird is i tried to installed many addons and only one of my try worked with the addon ''Contact form''.

Edited by picardjules (see edit history)

The following file does exists and you can delete and restore it?

public_html/Prestashop/admin684ax9spx/themes/new-theme/css/admin-theme.css

You can also try to see the file permission and owner/group to see if it is the same as other files.

For your reference, you can take a look at here on how to look at file permission and owner/group.

https://addons-modules.com/store/en/content/36-agile-module-installation-tips

Actually there wasnt any admin-theme.css in public_html/Prestashop/admin684ax9spx/themes/new-theme/css/admin-theme.css but in public_html/Prestashop/admin684ax9spx/themes/theme/css/admin-theme.css. I tried to take this admin-theme.css and copy it in public_html/Prestashop/admin684ax9spx/themes/new-theme/css/admin-theme.css. The error disapeared but still can't update and install modules.

I think maybe it's not this error that cause my problem with the modules. When i click on install or update it does nothing. The only thing i see is the Ajax request in the bottom with the debug mode:

Method |               URL |                                                                            Time | Profile

POST | /Prestashop/admin684ax9spx/ajax.php?rand=1496065302726 | 189ms | n/a

That line appear when i click on the install button on a module. When it's written method POST, most of the time the thing i want to do isn't working, 

I'll check for the file permission.

Thanks a lot for your help btw and sorry if my english is not perfect it's not my first language !

And i almost forgot, when the debug mode is desactivated. I get an HTTP error 500 on Modules and Services. With the debug mode i see some missing messages (32).

I also get this info while the silenced error i mention earlier is not there anymore since i copied the admin-theme.css file:

INFO 14:16:59 request Matched route "admin_module_catalog". Context: { "route_parameters": {"_controller": "PrestaShopBundle\\Controller\\Admin\\ModuleController::catalogAction", "_legacy_controller": "AdminModules", "_route": "admin_module_catalog" },"request_uri": "http://www.assurancessurmesure.ca/Prestashop/admin684ax9spx/index.php/module/catalog?_token=FvYOUJxHBm6bLyZa51onmG5tdAxWWwNIv-PEpJYERu0" } 

filemtime(): stat failed for /home/surmesure/public_html/Prestashop/admin684ax9spx/themes/new-theme/css/admin-theme.cssContext: { "name": "E_WARNING", "type":2,"file": "/home/surmesure/public_html/Prestashop/classes/controller/AdminController.php", "line":435,"level":28928,"scream":true} 

You hosting company does not provide any information or advise on this error? It is very strange though.

That is not what i said. Everytime i called them they said that they don't know much about prestashop and they cannot provide much help ... But the error is not there anymore since i copied admin-theme.css file in the new-theme/css folder.

I'm still unable to update or install modules though .... I can access the page but when i click on update or install i stay on the same page and i don't get the successful message.

I need to install at least a payment module to offer credit card payments. I'll probably need to buy one but if i'm not sure that will work i can't spend the money ... Last week i had an HTTP error 500 on the same page and it was cause there wasn't enough memory on the server to open the page. Can it be something like that again but something else than the memory cause i put 512 to be sure i have enough,

Finally !!!! 

I solved my problem with the installation and update of modules. I changed so many things but i think this is when i activated the ZIP extension on php.

So for many problems i would say first check the minimum requirement of Prestashop. On the website it says like we could really find those extension usefull but in most case i think they are necessary.

Anyway my core problem is solved and thanks for your help Shokinro  :). I still got the error but i can use Prestashop properly anyway with the debug mode.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/31/2017 at 10:44 PM, picardjules said:

Finally !!!! 

I solved my problem with the installation and update of modules. I changed so many things but i think this is when i activated the ZIP extension on php.

So for many problems i would say first check the minimum requirement of Prestashop. On the website it says like we could really find those extension usefull but in most case i think they are necessary.

Anyway my core problem is solved and thanks for your help Shokinro  :). I still got the error but i can use Prestashop properly anyway with the debug mode.

Thanks for this. It works on me too.